+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Internet/Long Distance

Internet/Long Distance

Well I need some advice I'm becoming extremely nervous about my internet gf moving to my city... this is a crazy situation or atleast it seems like it to me but what is some advice?

We met through a friend... I haven't actually met her in person but we have been talking a couple of months now. She had planned to move to my city before I met her but plans fell through and she ended up not moving... now that we have been talking she decided to move again to be with me. I'm picking her up in a month to drive her back to where I am from... Any advice??

We are both in our early 20's and to make it more difficult I leave for basic training in Oct.

I would strongly advise you to meet her at least a few times in real life before you or her decide on anything big like moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineofsight View Post
    I would strongly advise you to meet her at least a few times in real life before you or her decide on anything big like moving.
    I can't emphasize this enough!!!!!

Yea man, make sure you meet her in person and talk this over! Fly her out for a visit!

So you'll have four months together before you leave for the military?

Don't do this.
    Spammer Spanker

Meet her and spend a few weeks with her before. If you still feel positive about the relationship and she is interested in going long term with you, despite your military duties, then I think moving in together is a reasonable idea.

Do you know where you will be stationed? Are you going overseas? What branch in the military? That is the biggest obstruction to your relationship.

... This is a terrible idea.

You need to meet her first/spend time with her IN PERSON before she moves her whole life to your area to be with you.

That's seriously insane.

Add to that the fact that you're leaving in Oct just further complicates things.

Make sure you're compatible and this is actually what you both want IN PERSON before you make big decisions.

First have a meeting to see if there are compatibility and chemistry. It looks like a crazy situation to me too. When you communicate without seeing the person, often you start to fantasize about them. She has months of fantasy built up. I hope that she is a realist.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's with guys always trying to establish a relationship with a girl right before he runs off to spend months/years abroad in the military?

They want someone waiting for them when they come home. They are afraid very few would want them after they come back.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    They want someone waiting for them when they come home. They are afraid very few would want them after they come back.
    Yeah, that's stupid.

It's one thing to have a relationship before you decide to join.

It's another just to find one for selfish reasons like that.

Chances are the girl is gonna cheat or break up with them anyway.

Can't believe women still fall for that shit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]