+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tough Situation

Tough Situation

Hi there, sorry this may be a bit long, I want to explain my situation with as much detail as possible.
    First off, I'm in high school, about to graduate. I have never had a girlfriend, which in a way bothers me. I consider myself attractive, and I would like to think I have a decent personality. Quite a few girrls have basically offered to go out with me in the past, but I was just simply to nervous around them to go for it, which I regret now. Now, all of this happened in the first three years of high school. I was at a private school in the middle of the city with many desireable girls. My senior year, however, I had to move to a new school in the country, wich totally sucked and was a massive change for me. The girls at this school are, let's just say, not my type. Now all of the sudden a desire to have a girlfriend has taken over me. I want to share my last summer with a girl and be able to experience all of the wonderful parts of a relationship. I am leaving to join the Navy this fall, so I feel pretty strongly about this happening very soon. My problem is, as douchey as it sounds, is that I'm not attracted at all to any of the girls at my school, and I really don't want to deal with all of the crap that comes with an in-school relationship. I'm a liberal city boy at heart, and all the girls here are conservative country folk, wich is fine, it's just not someone I think I could get along with well. I'm not unbearably far away from my previous friends and lifestyle, just an hour drive. I would try to meet some of the aforementioned girls that liked me at my old school, but they probably don't remember me. I've tried online dating, with no success so far. I am not afraid to just go up to girl and get her number anymore, oddly, I just don't have a lot of opportunities. Does anyone have any advice for me? Am I too worried about this whole thing? Is it wrong for me to want to date someone who i am attracted to physically? I just want to meet a girl who I can spoil and have fun with and have a good conversations with and that I am physically attracted to. Am I to worried about what she looks like? I may be wrong, but isn't that a big part of a relationship? Am i just a jerk? So many questions....if you read this whole thing, props to you, and thanks a lot if you reply...

Sorry but there is no magic remedy for what you seek except paying a hooker for the GF experience. To meet someone and have it evolve into a summer romance is only by chance. You could try one thing....plan a vacation at a tropical location say like Mexico, where the alcohol flows and inhibitions are lowered....you know, a place that is a real party place. People tend to act differently when they are on vacation and just want to have fun and maybe a quick romance, so I say that is your best bet.

I would say go out as much as possible to wherever young ppl hang around, preferably with other friends (so you don't look too loner-ish) or with some kind of group, recreational group or something. At the very least have some fun in your summer before going off to the navy, nothing else is guaranteed, especially if you become overly focused on this pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMaccoby View Post
    I would say go out as much as possible to wherever young ppl hang around, preferably with other friends (so you don't look too loner-ish) or with some kind of group, recreational group or something. At the very least have some fun in your summer before going off to the navy, nothing else is guaranteed, especially if you become overly focused on this pursuit.
    True. I guess I should just see what happens and not worry too much about it. Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Sorry but there is no magic remedy for what you seek except paying a hooker for the GF experience. To meet someone and have it evolve into a summer romance is only by chance. You could try one thing....plan a vacation at a tropical location say like Mexico, where the alcohol flows and inhibitions are lowered....you know, a place that is a real party place. People tend to act differently when they are on vacation and just want to have fun and maybe a quick romance, so I say that is your best bet.
    Yeah maybe I am trying too hard. Ill just go with the flow and see what happens.

Maybe if you became friends with some of the girls at your school you might start to like one of them. It sounds like you haven't really given any of them a chance