+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to tell if he's just a nice guy or interested in me...

How to tell if he's just a nice guy or interested in me...

Hi,

I have had a crush on this guy for some time now. We went to school together and to be honest I never thought he even noticed me. A few years back he started messaging me saying how he say me walk home from work and whatnot (in a joking manner though). In the present day, whenever he sees me he makes sure to talk to me and joke around with me. He knew all of this stuff about me based on my facebook (my post-secondary education and whatnot). He laughs at a lot when he's around me and he always tries to crack jokes. Anyway, I started to try to talk to him online just to see if he was interested. He always answers but I will ask him a question about himself and he'll answer but he never tries to find out information on me. It's almost like he isn't trying to continue on the conversation. Is there still a chance that he is interested? Should I just walk away now or what else can I do? I'm just scared of being rejected.

Hi Pepper. I'm not really an expert on this but to spare you from being rejected or being hurt, try not to expect much from him. It's better that way. Just enjoy what you have right now and eventually if he likes you and wants to be with you everyday, he'll let you know but until then just enjoy whatever you have right now.

I beg to disagree. Maybe he's just immature or scared of rejection or lacks self confidence to approach you. From what you said it seems like he's into you. Try to get closer to him, make physical touch with him and watch his reaction. Look into his eyes, the way he's looking at you you should be able to tell a lot about his feelings. If he's not making first step, you should definitely try. Physical contact is usually the best. If there is opportunity lower your head onto his shoulder, grab his hand or something. Usually when girls make physical contact guys will interpret that as you're interested (unless you're overly touchy person naturally). Let him do the work, but give him a hint that you're interested to help him decide to make a move.