+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she interested or just being nice?

jsw is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Is she interested or just being nice?

So there is this girl at an internship i work at (i know about work dating) but its a part time internship that will be over soon and we are both students so its not quite work dating

So we work together on these projects, just me and her, and seem to get aong great. We joke around, and always compliment each other, and I have a lot of fun to the point where I look forward to going there....

The thing is I think I am getting mixed signals and need advice from a femal:

-- When talking about her other serving job, i mentioned how it sounds like a small italian place that i know of and how the food is great, etc. She said that she loved italian and wouldhave to check that place out.

--Then one day she gave me her number, albeit through a work capacity, but said that if there was anything I needed to text her. Later that day, when she had to leave early to study for a test, she said somehting like "sorry i have to leave you".

So it was my bday and me and my friends were going out friday night, and i invited her to go along on the day before. She said it sounded like fun but that she had work and would let me know. She never got back to me and actually went out to NY with her friends. I understand that, but not the texting me to let me know.

Then our boss will not be in the office next thursday which is a day that we work together, but she seems to really not want to go in and is planning on not going. I would think if she was interested in me she wouldn't want to skip that day.

Anyway are these mixed signals? Should I have jumed on the "openings" that she gave me, or was she just making conversation? Should I just forget about her or should i be more forward and ask if she would like to get dinner one night? She is ending her internhsip the last week of march so i dont have a lot of time with her...

I think she is interested but playing hard to get. She wouldn't send the positive signals (sorry I have to leave you) if she didn't feel SOMETHING. By going out with her friends and not texting you, she knows she is keeping you on your toes. And she thinks it makes her look better that she has a "life". I guess she's playing you in a way, but it's because she likes you. She probably wants you to step up more and pursue her. JMO!

jsw is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the advice...i guess i have nothing else to lose right? This week is Spring Breakso we wont see each other, should i ask her to dinner when she gets back or maybe wait until the last week of the internship so if she says no it wont be awkward

Also, does anyone else feel that shes waiting for me to pursue her more intently or disagree and think shes not that into me?

Who knows. Just ask her out.....if she gives you a bunch of excuses, that will be your answer.