Morning all,

I'm new here and thought I'd just ask for some help regarding a girl at work I asked out via a Valentine's Day card. I sent a "Happy Valentine's Day" message yesterday and got no response, she was at work yesterday and didn't mention it to me, she even came to the till I was on and bought some things and said nothing (she was her usual cheery self, possibly pretending I hadn't given her the card). Someone at work mentioned she had spoken to them about the gossiping regarding the Valentine's Day card I gave her - they gave me the impression she wasn't angry/annoyed about it. I've looked online and it's possible she's just being shy (both of us haven't been in a relationship for about 4 years) and either can't bring herself to say no or yes. Also she's well known for failing to reply to messages on Facebook even from her family/friends so there was no guarantee she would have replied to my message.

I'm just a bit stumped at what to do. If I knew this was going to happen I would have just asked her out in person, I just thought that I'd be a bit different and old fashioned and give her a card.

Any help would be welcome.