+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He froze up when I tried to talk to him.Why?

He froze up when I tried to talk to him.Why?

This guy I knwo is confusing me. He seems to always be hovering around me in my area but not initiating anything . We've had several small conversations before and he ususally seems pleased to talk to me or be near me but awkward at the same time.I thought he is shy so when I saw him today standing near me I turned to him and said "Hi" He looks up at me deer like a deer caught in the headlights and says "Hi". "How are you ?" I continue. "Fine," he says still frozen o the spot. By now i feel ldumb but I try one more time. "How's school?" "Good", he replies, deer still in headlights. I gave up and said bye. What gives? Why would a non-socially inept , outgoing -with- everyone- else- but -me,guy act this way?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe he likes you. I get tongue-tied around people I have a crush on.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I get tongue-tied around people I have a crush on.
    HAHA

That is incredibly cute.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Maybe he likes you. I get tongue-tied around people I have a crush on.
    You're one of those?!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    You're one of those?!
    Guilty. ::blush::
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You just seem like the old and wise type that would never succumb to such silly behavior.

Who'da thought, Vash is human.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    You just seem like the old and wise type that would never succumb to such silly behavior.

Who'da thought, Vash is human.
    Heh... old.

ya, freezing around girls you have a crush on is the general rule. which applies to a lot of guys i know. especially if their young adults/teenagers.

I usually don't tho.. i believe in pimping it up lol

he whants 2 have sx whith you
    thats his problem

I don't think it's necessarily about wanting to have sex with her and your comment could be a little bit misleading and too brief, kind of rude really.
    Maybe he's just shy? Do you think that he likes you? Sometimes it's hard to talk to people we "like" when we've only watched them from a distance. If you want to get to him better then I guess you'll have to be the one to make the moves, try finding out what he's interested in etc.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
    This guy I knwo is confusing me. He seems to always be hovering around me in my area but not initiating anything . We've had several small conversations before and he ususally seems pleased to talk to me or be near me but awkward at the same time.I thought he is shy so when I saw him today standing near me I turned to him and said "Hi" He looks up at me deer like a deer caught in the headlights and says "Hi". "How are you ?" I continue. "Fine," he says still frozen o the spot. By now i feel ldumb but I try one more time. "How's school?" "Good", he replies, deer still in headlights. I gave up and said bye. What gives? Why would a non-socially inept , outgoing -with- everyone- else- but -me,guy act this way?
    It happens to me often. aaagghh! tongue tied

Update!

UPDATE!!!! Thanks for all your replies, I took them to heart and decided maybe he needs an extra push so Isent him an innocent email asking him about a recent homework assignment,figuring that might break the ice....Well, its been 3 days and he hasn't answered me so....Iguess he doesn't like me. Still, itsrude and now I really feel awkward around him. Why is he behaving like this?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe he is gay and senses you like him? Maybe he is on vacation? Who knows?

Better luck next time.

It may be too late now, but I think you definitely need to call him out on not responding to your email. Next time you are around him say something like – Thanks for responding to my email!! I totally failed that assignment because of you! (with a wink) Of course say this in a teasing way and make sure he knows youre just kidding.

Every time a guy does something like that to me I call him out on it and we laugh and instantly everything is normal again. It gives you an opportunity to flirt and makes you seem less awkward and needy, like you are willing to joke about it and don’t take it to be a big deal. He’ll laugh and then either say sorry or give you an excuse. If he says “I did not get it” chances are he is lying. So that’s another bad sign to watch out for. Then again maybe he didn’t actually get it…

Either way I’d relax about this and look around for other people, he seems very awkward and shy and you can’t really push someone too much. The gentle nudge was good and since he didn’t take the bait maybe time to give up. But do tease him about it first! :-)

I don't know, Lavender, he sounds really weird. There's shy, and then there's socially disabled.

Which do you think he is? Is he strange around others as well? You would think that he would jump at the chance to respond to your e-mail, right? Are you absolutely sure he got that e-mail?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast