+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what can I do ?

what can I do ?

well, i've got one serious problem. 4 days ago I was on a date with my friend. I haven't seen him for 2 months, so I thought that we can try.... In fact, he is my good friend from school, so I thought it would be just a meeting... He gave me flower and said sweet nothin' all the time. Now I know that I must end it up and we can be just close friends. What can I say to him ? But I don't want to hurt anybody

Say to him that if you are sweet-hearts one day it will finish your relationship. And tell him that you love better as a friend. He will understand you.

"But I don't want to hurt anybody" is a good intention.

They say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Tell the truth.

just ignore him
    he will realise that you do not whant him and you will remain good friends

The truth is always best. You will hurt him more in the end by not being straight with him.
    Stop promoting or get banned

Don't ignore him, that DOES hurt people a lot and it's not exactly the most noble or honest of things to do. Just tell him the truth, he has to respect you for that - maybe not immediately, but I'm sure he will understand.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

it would be more painful if you play along and tell him the truth later. might as well tell him now while he has not invest too much emotions on the relationship.

you're actually being unfair by staying and not telling the truth

just be up front, your really close friends but thats all you can really see them as. just dont make things weird, if hes a frined itll be ok/

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think if he seems to need some time to recover from his diappointment, you should allow it by not contacting him. A lot of girls try to maintain their "friendship", and it always leads to false hope on the boys' part.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

to be honest there is no way to tell someone you just want to be friends without them getting hurt, but the best way to do it is probably get together sometime (alone) and just talk to him about it and after it he will probably be hurt but it wont be as bad as just ignoring him and he will keep talking to you like a friend would