+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Got me really down, don't know where i stand

Got me really down, don't know where i stand

Abit of background to me and this girl: i've known this girl for a year now, we started texting and after about 3 month i told her i liked her, she said she wasnt looking for anything but was flattered, this was last September. She kept texting me though and things have picked up in the months, things like the amount of texting and going from 'x' to 'xxxx' even 'xxxxx' , we're texting each other everyday.We went out one night and ended up back at hers, cuddled together in her bed nothing else happened.Next day things were slightly off mainly the texts, it went back to normal after a few days.

A few weeks later i asked if she wanted to go out, she said yes,spent the day together had a good time, we were always talking about somthing only a couple times that the conversation ran out but it was momentarily, she was laughing at alot of things i said even though it wasn't really funny she wanted to walk around the local park and sit down someone where out the way of a crowds of people then we went to the cinema , i paid for her into the cinema and we watched a movie but she had work (she told me this before the date) so i took her to work and we parted with a hug and a little peck type kiss.

I texted her saying i enjoy today, she replied " me too " i said we'll do it again when we can and she replied "yep yep" , asked her if she wanted to go out sunday if she didnt have plans for birthday already, she said she didnt know what she was doing for it but didn't take it futher or even really acknowledge i'd asked to meet up again.

In the last few days since the ''date'' , the coversation has gone weird longer replies and now we havent spoke all day actually the last text i sent which was a reply to hers was sent this time yesterday. Its eating away at me having gone through all this and knowing her for a year and then not talking for no real apparent reason. I want to text her but i don't want to be weak or weaker than i already am being. Whats happened ?

Sounds to me like she is stringing you a long. My initial reaction would be get out of this situation, and for two reasons. One, she seems flaky, and inconsistent, which means she is flirting with the idea of liking you, but certainly there is nothing that is really pushing her to go after you. Two, you seem really insecure about yourself and the situation. You shouldn't fret about her not texting you for one day when you haven't determined that you guys are dating exclusively. Quit pursuing her for the moment, girls will talk to you if they want to talk to you. If she isn't talking to you, 98% chance its because she doesn't have any overwhelming interest in you.

Harsh reality, but that is what it looks like.

Yep. Even if she does like you, she's definitely unsure (the awkwardness after the cuddling). That unsurity could dissipate, but in my opinion it's more likely to amplify and cause trouble. If she isn't sure about her feelings, you are going to end up putting all this work into a girl who may or may not ever reciprocate.

Its the fact she agreed to meet up just the 2 of us, she was really happy when i asked her like excited and as i said the day itself was great, that's what's kicked me the most

Well. Do keep in mind that you are mostly communicating by text, which amplifies the confusion that is already tangling everything up here. Have you called her at all? How comfortable is she talking on the phone with you? That might alleviate some of your insecurity, or let you know for sure if she is just not into you.

We've talked on the phone a few times like literally 3 times, each was like 40+ mins long but we never have since then, honestly i feel uncomfortable on the phone, texting gives me time to think of things to talk about, jokes to make ect on the phone is more stand up which can only go on for so long before you run out of things to say. I try not to read texts messages to deeply, but when we've been out had a good time, she enjoyed it then she stops talking, its pretty ****ed up from my point of view.