+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this normal??

Is this normal??

Is it normal for your bf/gf to talk to their ex? I recently found out my bf has been calling his ex. I saw his phone records and saw her number. I confronted him and immediately ended the relationship. He's been apologizing ever since and saying it's not as bad as I think. How can that be? I just feel betrayed...and I specifically asked him if he talks to his ex and he said no! We have been together almost a year! How can it not be as bad as I think?! What reason would a person have to talk to their ex...they dated 2 years, have no ties now. He says she has Chrons disease and has suicidal thoughts so he calls to check up on her.

Well, if you cared enough about a person to be in a relationship with them, I see no reason why you shouldn't end contact with them.

I mean, if he was calling her everyday or two to talk with...that'll be different. But there's nothing wrong in calling up and checking on how the person is doing, sending a card for christmas, etc.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jennyc View Post
    Is it normal for your bf/gf to talk to their ex? I recently found out my bf has been calling his ex. I saw his phone records and saw her number. I confronted him and immediately ended the relationship. He's been apologizing ever since and saying it's not as bad as I think. How can that be? I just feel betrayed...and I specifically asked him if he talks to his ex and he said no! We have been together almost a year! How can it not be as bad as I think?! What reason would a person have to talk to their ex...they dated 2 years, have no ties now. He says she has Chrons disease and has suicidal thoughts so he calls to check up on her.
    He shouldn't have lied about it.

But, as mentioned, it isn't unheard of for ex's to remain in contact. Not every relationship ends on bad terms.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I agree with the other posters. It's not unheard of. He shouldn't have lied but he probably thought it would be too difficult to explain or understand. Maybe he thought you did not need to know that since it's been a 1 year relationship. I had a bf 'check up' on an ex and he had absolutely no chance of getting back with her and she did not either. She was married and sending wedding photos to all her "ex's" or friends whatever, lol. He responded and they did an update type of thing and gave encouraging words for the troubles that she was going through.

I thought it was crazy and I was pissed for a short time. Now I do the same with him lol. Now I understand.

Ok him not telling you was because he didn't want you to get upset because it's probably nothing anyway. It is LYING however. But if you want to look at the flipside why were you flipping thru his call history/phone statement? If you are doing that then you don't trust him.
    I'm with my GF right now heading into 5 months. I've recently started talking to my ex of 2 years that ended earlier this year. And it's seriously NOTHING going on. She was a big part of my life and it would be a shame to just never speak to her again. We simply just ask each other whats new and how are things. I even talk to her about my current GF.
    Just cuz he calls/texts/emails his ex doesn't mean he wants to **** her. Or get back with her again. Stop being so insecure and TRUST your man.
    Again, yes the fact that he wasn't telling you about it is not good. But if anything confront him about THAT not that he's talkign to his ex because you don't own him and he can talk to whomever he wants as long as theres nothing going on. And you have to learn to trust your significant others.