Ok recently me and my ex just go through the worst break up we've ever had with each other. Technically we dated for about a year and a half but at the beginning of the year we broke up since he wanted some changes or just a break and then came back to me asking for another chance, saying he would "never leave again" and how much he "loves" me.

Well after our relationship started getting back on track everything seemed just perfect again. Nothing in the way what so ever. That is untill just last week when I was sick at home with the flu he accidentally ran into this other woman at work and instantly fell hard for her and as soon as he got back and he called me up and slowly ended our relationship, saying that he really liked this woman and realized that all he really wants is a change. Well talk about the worst day of the year.

Whenever I got back to work however we spent the whole day ignoring each other but whenever I told my friends what happened rumers started going around about him being a cheater, which I never had said in the first place, so he got really upset with me and started calling me a crazy ex girlfriend who's angry all the time. Which, regretably, ended up with me punching him in the face....

Of course that same day whenever things were calm again I went strait up to him and apologized face to face. He did the same thing and I guess you could say we "forgave" each other, after having a nice peaceful old time conversation together like we use to do all the time. That is untill he brought up the other woman....

He told me strait out that he didn't even know how the other woman felt about him and that he wasn't even sure they would go out anyway since she was moving away sometime soon. I was somewhat gleeful to hear that news but sad that he was even thinking about her, but I didnt want to hear him say anything else so I got up to leave untill he stood up with me and asked me if we could still keep talking.

We did, very little, but when we came outside I looked into his eyes and he did the same, having another little moment between us. I felt myself go weak and all the anger just drift away when he looked at me like that, I thought I couldn't breath, I couldnt pull myself away. But I eventually had to whenever he looked away to tell me that I had to go. So I did. But we ran into each other now and then during the day.

But the strangest part about that day was that by the end whenever we were about to go home we kept glancing at each other. And when we would catch each other's eyes we would stare at each other for a long while and wave slowly while trying to smile at each other....and sometimes when I looked away I could feel his eyes on me. Which is confusing me like no other!!

I asked one of his friends, and a couple of mine if he would ever come back to me again! His friend told me strait out "No, I think he really likes this girl and wants to just find something new..."

Same with another one of my friends, but the other said that he just might come back in the future. Even though my ex told me he really liked this girl....but just really wanted us to stay friends. Which he knows I CANNOT DO!! All he wants is for things to be normal between us and just be good buddies but i can't, especially if I have this feeling that he still has feelings for me.

UGH! I'm so confused! What could this mean? I need some advice cause i'm SERIOUSLY heartbroken over him and this girl, I feel so useless and feel even more rotten when I hit him.....could there still be a chance?