+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me

Help me

My girlfriend broke up with me about two months ago because she rushed into our relationship after being out of 8 month abusive relationship for only a month. we had been dating for 6 months. when we broke up we talked for about a week and then she told me she didnt see us getting back together. after almost 3 weeks of not communicating she texted me and asked how i was. i replied and she called me and asked me to dinner, i accepted. dinner was slightly awkward but ok. at dinner we talked and realized we had a class together at school ( we are in college). after dinner we didnt communicate fora couple days when i texted her asking her is she wanted to see a movie and she ultimately declined after a discussion about wether or not i was over her( i said i dont know when she asked) she said that it wasnt a good idea if we did. then we didnt communicate for a couple weeks and then she texted me out of everybody asking for her cousins phone number. then a few days later she texted me asking when school started back. then we didnt talk for a while until a mutual friend was gonna have a baby. she texted me and told me if they had the baby that day i was welcome to accompany her to the hospital. we texted all day about birth updates and just joking around they didnt have the baby that day so first thing the next day she texted me again and it continued all day again. after they had the baby we didnt go see them and we didnt talk until they day of our class ( thursday august 22). that morning she texted and asked if i wanted to get dinner before class and i said yes. we met and had dinner which again was a little awkward. then in class we didnt talk or sit by each other and after class we has a little conversation.

what is she doing? is she trying to be friends? she talks about how happy she is and hanging with friends.
    help me

Yes, she is only trying to be friends or looking for ego gratification. Since you don't seem to be in the same position as she is, maybe you should distance yourself from her. I can only think that her friendly behaviour confuses you because you still have feelings for her. Start seeing her initiatives for what they are, nothing more, don't allow yourself any false hopes and try to forget about her. Refuse her invitations, concentrate on your life, have fun and pay attention to other girls. She is only breaking your heart and does not love you back the way you do.
    Last edited by Valixy; 24-08-13 at 08:56 AM. Reason: adding

She's just being chummy with you, thinking that you are OK with that and you have no feelings. She's being dumb, and you should see by her actions she's not getting back with you. You were her rebound relationship. She used you as her emotional tampon so she didn't have to go through the pain of her break up with her ex. Now she doesn't like it being alone, that is why she is sort of reaching out to you......to fill in the lonely gap. Time for you to get real and move on.

Thanks. You have no idea how confusing it is when she goes a while without talking to me then texts me as soon as she gets home to let me know she was just driving behind me and that I didn't wave when she honked the horn and waved at me.

She's bored it seems and knows you'll respond to her texts. Not saying that in a derogatory way, but she obviously wants to be friends. If you're comfortable with that, there's no harm, but if it continues to confuse you or hurt you because you don't know whether you're over her or not, I'd keep my distance.