+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lonely

lonely

About 1 1/2 months ago on a backpacking trip I met a guy who is really awesome and great and funny and cool and talented and cute and sweet and awesome, and oh I already said that but you get the point, he is a really great guy. After the trip I hoped I'd still like him until the next time I saw him (next year) but I didn't expect I'd be able to because I usually stop liking guys when I haven't seen them for a while. Also, 2 weeks after the trip ended, I moved 3100 miles away because my mom made me. But now, 5 or 6 weeks after I last saw him, I still love him as much as I did at the time I got to know him and I think about him all the time. I have still been emailing with him lately but I miss him so much. The next time I see him will be in 10 1/2 months (when I visit to go on the backpacking trip again) and there isn't much I can do until then except keep emailing with him. I was wondering if you recommend telling him how I feel, or just wait and see if I pick up on any hints as to whether he likes me, or if I should just wait and do it in person. Sometimes I get a gut feeling that he might like me, just from the way he treats me, the way he talks to me, the way he looks at me, and everything. If I do decide to tell him over email, how should I say it? I'm afraid to say it over email because it might be awkward for him to respond, or he might not care, or he might be like "eww" and stop emailing me altogether. My sister went out with one of his friends, and I am friends with that friend, and I could transfer the information through him, but I don't know. Things can get awfully confusing in a game of telephone. What do you suggest?

1 Question: How old are you? Quote: "My mom made me"

I really dont think emailing him about your feelings is a good ideal. If you talk about your feelings too early in a relationship it might scare him off. You might appear to clinging and needy. Keep in mind you need to build more friendship & report with him first.

It also depends on how is your current appearance as well (looks tend to be important with guys). I'll say work out, dress well (or do a make over) and you might get an unexpected surprise from him.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazard View Post
    1 Question: How old are you? Quote: "My mom made me"
    Oh im 17 so yeah...not too long till i can move where i want! actually i guess i could just move back to cali...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should look at him as simply a friend. He lives too far away for any sort of romance to blossom. At most he can be a "summer fling".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    I really dont think emailing him about your feelings is a good ideal. If you talk about your feelings too early in a relationship it might scare him off. You might appear to clinging and needy. Keep in mind you need to build more friendship & report with him first.

It also depends on how is your current appearance as well (looks tend to be important with guys). I'll say work out, dress well (or do a make over) and you might get an unexpected surprise from him.
    i don't mean to sound conceited but i think i am already very attractive, i exercise daily, i drink lots of water, and have nice clothes and everything, i have nice skin and nice hair and yeah i think guys tend to like me a lot (cant even walk to the store without getting honked at and everything). in fact i do quite a bit of modeling. one thing that surprises people about me liking this guy is that he's quite a computer nerd! =] but i think it's cute.

but thanks for all the advice, i agree that i could do with getting to know him better as a friend b4 taking the next step =)

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think you should look at him as simply a friend. He lives too far away for any sort of romance to blossom. At most he can be a "summer fling".
    Since i am going to be 18 in a month, i have been thinking a lot about moving back where he is, because i miss my friends and everything, so i wouldn't be moving just for him. Do you think that would help, since it then wouldnt be long-distance? I have been looking around the place i just moved to and so far i haven't met any guys who arent pervs, and this guy im talking about is definitely not a perv, i know this because i know him very well. I've gotten to know at least 25 guys here too!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by milo-lover View Post
    Since i am going to be 18 in a month, i have been thinking a lot about moving back where he is, because i miss my friends and everything, so i wouldn't be moving just for him. Do you think that would help, since it then wouldnt be long-distance? I have been looking around the place i just moved to and so far i haven't met any guys who arent pervs, and this guy im talking about is definitely not a perv, i know this because i know him very well. I've gotten to know at least 25 guys here too!
    Shouldn't you be thinking about school? Don't you have any college plans or aspire to anything more lofty than catching a boy or hanging out with high school friends? I mean, I understand you like him, but he certainly isn't the last guy on earth, and 25 guys that are in the 17-18 year old bracket is hardly representative of all boys your age...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Shouldn't you be thinking about school? Don't you have any college plans or aspire to anything more lofty than catching a boy or hanging out with high school friends? I mean, I understand you like him, but he certainly isn't the last guy on earth, and 25 guys that are in the 17-18 year old bracket is hardly representative of all boys your age...
    There was actually quite a range in the ages of guys I met! Also, sorry if this sounds rude but it bothers me A LOT when people tell me to just go off and choose another guy. Why would I do that? What is the point? I got to know him so well, and there's no point in going to the effort of finding some new guy who probably won't be as nice, and have to go through that lengthy and difficult process of getting to know him. Really, what's the point? Also, part of the reason for me moving back where I was, is because the college I plan to go to is there, and this guy I speak of also happens to be going there. That's also where my modeling school is, which I have yet to complete my classes at and graduate. Most people I tell this to don't believe me that I'm 17 and have already graduated high school, but I just started school earlier than most people. Lots of my high school friends are going to the same college as I'll be going to. I just haven't entirely decided whether I will stay in a dorm there and still live with my family, or move out completely. Still thinkin about that

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do whatever makes you happy, just make sure you consider all your options and as many possible consequences you can imagine.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by milo-lover View Post
    There was actually quite a range in the ages of guys I met! Also, sorry if this sounds rude but it bothers me A LOT when people tell me to just go off and choose another guy. Why would I do that? )
    Actually, you misunderstood my post. I didn't say you should go off and find another guy. I said (or tried to say) you should focus on self-improvement and quit worrying about the guys. They are a dime a dozen.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    quit worrying about the guys. They are a dime a dozen..
    'Cept me, I'm one of a kind.

King Zarathu Guest
    And me, I own.

i agree with this completely

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    And me, I own.
    Yeah...we're awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast