+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Advice on How To Approach a Girl

Need Advice on How To Approach a Girl

I really really like this girl. She is probably the coolest girl I've ever met (pretty smart, very good looking, very good at sports, wonderful personality and very nice). We are pretty good friends. I'm also pretty friendly with her friends, and they told me that I should talk to her.

Now the problem comes. I'm a funny and outgoing guy with a nice personality when I'm around a group of people, but when it comes to talking to a girl 1 on 1, all alone... I totally suck. I just can't do it.

I have talked to her, but I just don't have the guts to say that I like her. I really don't know what to do...

And the thing is, I don't even know if she really likes me. Her friends just told me that I should talk to her. Everyday they have been encouraging me to talk to her, but I'm still not sure if "You should talk to her" means that I should get friendlier with her, or that I should ask her out. Whenever she talks to me, my heart skips a couple of beats and I almost get a heart attack (it's a pretty sexy heart attack though).

I've been trying to think of some cool ways to tell her I like her... in a way so that even if she freaks out I'll still be able to keep my cool.
    For example:
    "Yo! I really like you!"
    "What the hell?"
    "Oh... well I was just kidding. Did you actually think I liked you?!? (in a sarcastic tone)"

That's all I could come up with. I need some help with this.

I am friends with her, but I actually think she wants us to be more than just friends. I'm just too scared to ask her out or tell her I like her. It's probably because I went to an all boys military-like school when I was younger. I was so shocked when I found out women had breasts!

I am pretty athletic and strong, and some people even find me intimidating despite my average size, but girls are just so scary... I'm really afraid of getting rejected.

There are three things you should follow.

1) Never mention her ex. Even if she herself mentions it out of nowhere, try to get off the subject.

2) I'm sure she's a really cool girl nonetheless, she's a human being. She can't help feeling depressed or hurt. So don't come on strong. If this girl is worth it, don't come on strong because that's the easiest way to lose her. Selfishly go for her when she's hurt.

3) You can ignore all my other advices and try a different approach. Dive straight in. Maybe she's looking for a thoughtful boy to forget about her ex to go out with.

It's ur decision to paint the road to a successful relationship.