+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 2-3 year relationship just ended

2-3 year relationship just ended

Loooooonggg story short: 2-3 year relationship ended. Her reason was that she didn't have feelings and that they faded. I asked why and what happened. She said "I don't know and it wasn't anything you did"

We're eachothers first love and im 21 shes 24. She went back to school for a nother degree and I started the nursing program in my school.

She did make it clear that it was for the best and she changed the facebook picture, desktop background etc. But she has not deleted any of the pictures, still has my teddy bear on her bed, still has the 12pg note that I wrote to her and the picture I put in it. She said the note was very sweet and the picture and writing was perfect.

I asked "if you somehow magically get your feelings back and wake up for this dream, will you chase me" and She said "i would say so, yes"

I never begged her back, we never argued or cussed at eachother.

She says she misses the nice things I do but it wouldn't be fair if she didn't have the feelings

She keeps saying she's worried bout school and it sucks that she has to go back for a new degree. I always supported her.

Last night I told her that I would give her space blah blah blah no contact. This morning she sends a txt message saying "gmornin and that ty for those txt messages, have a good day"

I didn't text her all day and now she texted me "hey, i'm home"

I'm confused as sh*t as of what to do. I want her back but there's times where she makes seem like she just wanna be over friendly n theres times where she says little things that give me hope.

I said I hope that when I give you space that no other guy would sneak in and replace me. She said no one will sneak in and i feel like i never meet anyone"

I also said "i hope that when you wake up from this dream I'll find you at my door crying saying you miss me and wanna give me a hug and a kiss" then I added "that would be soooo coool and just like a movie" and she said "Siiiiiii" which is yesssssss but in spanish....(She's white and I'm spanish)
    Help, suggestions, comments, anything please! Thank you!

It's been officially one day and last night I get 3 text messages from her. (I wrote an indirect facebook message to her before i started NC)

1. Tyy for facebook msg, i hope u had a good day too. im not trying to confuse u. Sent at 19:24
    2. I'm just being nice. I understand if u dont want me around tho. N i know u dont want to hear it but idk wat to sayy. Have a g'nite. Sent at 20:50
    3. I dont think ure a bad person i know what ure trying to do n im sry i cant give u the answers u want i am i nvr wanted to cause u ne pain. Sent at 20:57
    4. Not that i wouldnt b nice or that i want u to not talk to me. Sent at 22:44

This was all after she said she her msg in the morning would be her last txt msg and that i would have to txt next. I did send a message after she said that and that was when i started NC.

I see a little hope. But I just hope that I'm not blinding myself from reality. Nothing has been said today and I know shes at work by herself.

I have yet to say anything to her. Hopefully this is the healing process/mending the relationship. 2-3 years and we never went 1 full day without saying g'morning/g'nite...hope this eats her up and eventually she cracks open to realize what's truely there.

Day 2 NC begins....

I think it is more her having a guilty conscience to be honest. Nothing in all that really screams "I want you back" I would tell her that it isn't fair that she keeps sending you all the messages, unless she is ready to have you back.

It doesn't make sense. 2-3 year relationship and she says the feelings faded but was trying to force them. But can't give me a reason as of why they faded.

There was times were I did want to break up and came close but that was becuase of all the stress of school. I never followed through with the break up becuase I knew I was making a wrong choice in doing so.

She used to be mad at me but she said she wasn't mad anymore and we did say I love you.

A week before the break up she was talking about going on vacation in the winter with me and had it all planned out and I had a plan for her. I don't get it and it's killing me badly.

I try to do my school work but she's always on my mind.

I know she's thinking of me and I want to send her a message but I just can't becuase I hope this no contact makes her realize that she does have feelings deep down.
    She's also stressed out b/c she has to go back to school for a second degree when she had a free ride but picked the wrong major the first time.

In the begining she went on a 1 week trip to seattle to look for jobs and during that week she said she never had feelings for me meanwhile she took the teddy bear I gave her for x-mas with her to Seattle. We went 2 months without contact and then when 2 months were over she said she wanted to give us a try and she even gave up that job position she was offered in Seattle for me. And that's how we started dating.

This is so confusing and I don't know what to say/do anymore

Say nothing, do nothing. Feelings fade for so many different reasons, and if she has said that, then the no contact is as much for you as her. Its only been a couple of days, set milestones for yourself, 1 week, and then each month. You'll get over it and move on. . .Hope is for the weak.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley