+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Jumping stilts. Awesome.

Jumping stilts. Awesome.

So, I saw these things. They're... Awesome. Really awesome. I'm thinking about getting a pair, if not for fun, just for transportation.

Here's what they look like:

It's almost like having a trampoline wherever you step. You can run up to, and over, 20 miles per hour (32 kph I think that converts to). I've heard speeds up to 30 miles per hour are possible. 9 ft stride length, 6 ft jumping height.

Obviously, I couldn't do any of that crazy stuff, since I'm not that in-shape. But still, they're amazing.

Thoughts?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81szj1vpEu8"]YouTube- KANGAROO (REMI GAILLARD)[/ame]

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm ... tell me how it goes. As cool as they are, I'd think they'd put a dent in my social life. That and I think if I actually used it to commute to work, I'd decapitate someone.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Since I couldn't put this on the other thread, as it was closed, I'll put it here.
    The incredible intolerance shown for Initials had to be one of the finest shows of ignorance I've ever seen. Any bit of factual input he put forth was immediately shot down with a monotonous chant about how sick and ****ed up he was. No one even bothered to look at his initial post in which he addressed many of the very typical judgments he'd received in the past (issues of consent, etc.).
    The one person who did finally say something in his defense (Sanctuary) was, within three or four posts, completely drowned out/converted by the hostility of the supposedly "normal" posters.

Sure, Initials was a bit of a show boat. All too eager to talk about his weirdness. But, let's say you had some massive chunk of your life that had to be hidden away for decades and you finally found some small, potentially understanding, anonymous place to express yourself about said issue. I think you'd take full advantage of that opportunity.

Anyway, I think the whole thing gave me some great insight into the way homosexuals must have felt about twenty years ago. Sure, this issue is more controversial now, and the concerns are fair and numerous. I haven't studied the research that's been done in the area of zoophilia and obviously cannot attest to its legitimacy. But the fact that, to the majority of you, the existence of statistics that refute your opinions doesn't even MATTER and is completely IGNORED in your criticisms, the fact that you can't even momentarily entertain a perspective that differs (however radically) from your own, that's so sad. And scary.