+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flirting...Mixed signals.....Friend Zoned?

Flirting...Mixed signals.....Friend Zoned?

Hello guys and gals,

Just wanted to start off by thanking you guys in advance for taking the time out to read my post and provide me with some helpful insight.

Here we go..

So I'm a medical student who came out to the East coast to attend a review program for one of my board exams. I met a lot of interesting people here at the program but no one like this one girl. Call it love at first sight or an infatuation, whatever it was...I was sold.

First week of class, we made eye contact.. and then made even more as the days progressed. Finally decided to approach her and introduced my self, turned out she was very pleasant and we had a fun conversation.

The eye contact continued, my friends also that she was making every effort to look at me whenever she had the chance (eating, talking to friends etc..)

The tension was building up quickly, until one day she saw I was waiting in the lobby and asked if I wanted a ride home and so I agreed... we chatted got to know each other during the ride home and when I got home she said take my number call me if you need a ride again.

The Following week, I felt more comfortable approaching her and talking to her and so I finally asked her if she wanted to grab drinks on the weekend. She didn't say yes/no but said lets wait and see how I feel on Saturday, fair enough...

On Friday, I went and sat next to her to make small talk, starting flirting with her a bit(she received it quite well). To make a long story short, we went on a few days like this and we texted each other etc...

Now it was time to close the deal...
    I approached her and made small talk again and she asked what I was doing this weekend, I told her in a flirty way I was still waiting for "someone" to get back to me with the clear intention that I was referring to her. She had the biggest smile on her face and when she looked at me I said "no pressure" and then she responded saying "oh its a lot of pressure" and I ended the convo there.

Later that day, I get a text asking if I was busy but before I could respond I hear a knock on my door...pleasant surprise it was her and with a case of beer and asked If I was busy and wanted to drink.
    Of course I wouldnt dismiss the wonderful opportunity so I invited her in. About 10-15 mins into the convo, she says "im a mess.." repeats it couple times and I replied care to explain without being too personal. She says she doesn't want to waste my time.. and we should be friends. A bit surprised, I didn't know how to handle the situation. She started opening up about her prev. relationship which ended little over a year ago and pretty much said she invested a lot of time into her ex and was almost engaged but he broke it off because he blamed her for not finishing her career and making the long distance ever longer. He realized he messed up tried to make it up to her but she already had made her decision, she wasn't going back to him.

Anyhow, I started opening up to her about my ex and how we broke it off etc.. and 3 hours later....she asked if I was mad, I told her I wasn't mad, I appreciated the way you told me and to be little honest, my facial expression said something else. She continued to say she was just here to finish this exam and get the hell out of there because she is super stressed. I joked and said I wish I met her before or after this program would've been a lot different.

Pretty much after 3 hours of opening up and talking about everything possible, she said i can be a really good friend. After she left I texted her saying Thx for the drink. Good night.
    She replied saying "it was fun! Hope we are good and that i didnt talk too much..."
    So I'm kind of stuck trying to figure out how I should handle the situation, I will definitely be seeing her this week and we haven't texted each other all day after we last chatted. What if she continues to make eye contact with me this week or send me mixed signals how should I handle it? Was she really interested or did she just love the attention or even get Cold feet?

Thank again, I'm open to any advice/suggestions going forward.

You are friend zoned yes, she kept telling you how great of friends you could be what like 3 times?

Tell her you had intentions of dating her, not be her friend. Then proceed to tell her it was nice chatting with her and all the best.

Trust me this will not ruin any opportunity to date her, because for now you don't have any. When you say no, you make yourself less or not available which increases desirability. people desire more what they can't have...she can't have you, which puts you in a better position. It shows you are not weak, easily pushed around, confident in what you want...very masculine. You follow this with other friend zoned instances, you will never get put in the zone again.

- - - Updated - - -

Next time....DO NOT have any interest in listening about their relationship problems and don't discuss your baggage....this will prevent friend zoning. You want interactions with girls to be fun, exciting, unpredictable, sexual, intense. Don't be her bich.