I confess to a guy that I have feelings, and weh had previously had a FWB relationship after he started dating a girl (we had felt things for eachother prior, but meeting eachother and developing feelings was kind of bad timing). That ended, we continued on to become quite close friends through new relationships, and now here we are - 3 years later, and I know my feelings have come back.

He proposed having a FWB thing again, but I told him it wouldn't be worth it. I no longer want anything like that with anyone.

Soon after, he does ask me out on a date and says it is legitimate since he's been waiting for me to grow a pair. That he doesn't guarantee we will end up together, but he ultimately thinks it'll happen.

Now given his personality - he's an engineering student. So, he's full of himself and knows he's smart and usually knows he's right with a lot. He doesn't like to get emotional - but nor do I.

So basically, guys, given that information...which is it - does he just want a FWB, or was he just saying that because he didn't want to concede right away that he had been waiting for me to say what he had known for a while? I don't date for vanity and just so I can, I date if I think it'll be worth it. He's a great guy, but sometimes I just can't figure him out.