+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How long before becoming intimate

How long before becoming intimate

So, I'm just wondering what people see as acceptable in terms of becoming intimate and having sex with someone you are dating. I know alot is personal preference, some jump straight in (nothing wrong with that) and some wait until they feel comfortable with someone enough (how long is that generally, or is it individual?), whilst others have a set number of dates etc.

What are peoples takes on this? Guys, do you have more respect if a woman makes you wait? Is there a limit to how long you will wait?

I ask not because I want advice as such, but I am currently dating (3rd date and only a tame kiss/peck) and have been out of the whole dating thing for a long time and am just curious to know others opinions on this.

Im a guy and wont kiss on the first date since many women want to take things slow......just my way of playing it safe. If a women slept wiht me on the first date, I might be a little stand off-ish but will stick around to see how things go.

2 weeks to a month after the first meeting/date. Anything longer than that and I might interpret as a lack of interest and move on.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

After about a week or two, maybe more...depends. Don't kiss on the first date? that's no fun....wheres your sense of adventure.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dont have a set time, just when it feels right...and i get horny.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

well me and my bf waited 6months but maybe cos it was my first time

I would bang her the first time I have her isolated as long as she's down.
    I'm gay for pay.

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RSanders219 View Post
    And then ditch her for someone else? Or would you stick around?

Best advice I heard for this is 30 hours of conversation. Not just 30 hours spent with someone, but 30 hours talking to someone. Hubby is the only person I actually ever achieved this with (we were friends for 8 months but only lasted 3 nights from the first time he called me his girlfriend. ).
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RSanders219 View Post
    I thought you were gay?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by flannalan View Post
    I'm just wondering what people see as acceptable in terms of becoming intimate and having sex with someone you are dating.
    Anything before or during the 3rd date. Or 1-2 weeks in time if we don't have a lot of chances to date. After that I get the feeling she doesn't desire me.

Guys, do you have more respect if a woman makes you wait?
    No. Less.

Is there a limit to how long you will wait?
    If a girl takes longer than that to feel comfortable, it's an excellent time to see if she's interested enough to take initiative. If she doesn't, the dating dies out by itself. If she does, I guess she's worth waiting a bit longer for.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

I think 2 months is ok. However theres was one guy whos girlfriend din't slept with him for a year and he said he's pennis will soon explode. So too long and you are testing the guy.
    However if you are ready than let him know that cause he might dont wana scare you by just mentioning sex.

When it feels right. I'm feminist and a guy so don't have any hangups about women being upfront about their sexuality and their needs - I certainly would not condemn a woman as being easy/slut for wanting to have and enjoying sex.
    The last 4 women I've been with I've ended up in bed on the second or third date. Any woman who wants to make a man wait as some kind of wierd test needs her head looking at.

if i really like sum1 i try and wait a month, if i dont really like them or see them as g/f material then ok lets start to have fun the 1st day i meet ya lol