+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Making my gf lunch

Making my gf lunch

So i am one of those guys who has never really cooked much food. I am 22 living at home with my family. I have my gf coming over tomorrow and i want to cook her lunch, mainly before she comes over and i can re-heat or something. She likes pasta dishes mainly or chicken dishes, lovers her salad, hates seafood. I am mainly looking for peoples own recipies that they find are easy for beginners. I know i can go to websites to look for cooking ideas but i mainly want a females perspective as i have not done this before. Also i dont want to go too over the top. I have posted in another part of the forum we had trouble having sex, so i am wanting to make tomorrow really special for her because she felt so down that it did not happen how we thoguht it would. I think flowers and candles are too soon and too full on as we have only been together 2 months.

Any suggestions i would love, thank you

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you saute some veges (zucchini, yellow squash, green onion, mushrooms, and garlic) in olive oil, add some basil, salt and pepper, and chopped tomato when they are done, and throw it over some angel hair pasta? Easy and delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyTompson View Post
    So i am one of those guys who has never really cooked much food. I am 22 living at home with my family. I have my gf coming over tomorrow and i want to cook her lunch, mainly before she comes over and i can re-heat or something. She likes pasta dishes mainly or chicken dishes, lovers her salad, hates seafood. I am mainly looking for peoples own recipies that they find are easy for beginners. I know i can go to websites to look for cooking ideas but i mainly want a females perspective as i have not done this before. Also i dont want to go too over the top. I have posted in another part of the forum we had trouble having sex, so i am wanting to make tomorrow really special for her because she felt so down that it did not happen how we thoguht it would. I think flowers and candles are too soon and too full on as we have only been together 2 months.

Any suggestions i would love, thank you

Take cooked chicken pieces, and lay them evenly on the bottom of a Pyrex cooking dish. Add the same amount of partially steamed Broccoli on top. Leave dollops of Campbells Cream of Mushroom or Celeri Soup evenly spaced on top of the broccoli layer.

Then lay cheese slices (swiss is best) on top of it all.

Repeat for similar layers until you nearly reach the lip of the Pyrex dish.

Add an evenly spread layer of stove top stuffing (already cooked) across the top.

Heat oven to a medium low heat and leave in for about 25-30 minutes.

Take out and slice into quadrants after letting it slightly cool.

This can be served on it's own, or with accompanyments, although it's an all in one casserole which the ingredients can swapped in/out (turkey, cauliflower, cheddar, etc) and it's always well received.

Plus it's simple and tastes better reheated by each day along.

Cut up potatoes, pumpkin, kumara/sweet potatoes, red onions, zucchini/courgettes, mushrooms and halve cherry tomatoes, put in a roasting pan with a bit of oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, and roast til theyre ready, and toss them together with a bit more lemon juice and some basil pesto and feta cheese, its yum as, and its pretty girly