+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling guilty

Feeling guilty

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years, he broke up with after one year and four months due to us fighting over him making some rather immature choices regarding his friends/drinking/pot. Regardless, we have worked out all of our issues and decided to give it another try, we got back together about 6 months ago. He just enlisted in the airforce and he in basic training as we speak. I'm off at school and I have no friends here really, they're all back home. I've been feeling super lonely lately and i met this guy in one of my classes that seems to like me very much. We started hanging out as friends and one night he came over, we stayed up unitl 8 am just laughing, watching movies and thats it. We got tired and decided to lay down in my bed, he cuddled me and nothing else happened. The next few days we hung out alot and slept together (just cuddling). This guy in no way compares to my boyfriend I was just bored, lonely and flattered that he found me so beautiful. I started feeling guilty and told the guy that I'm in love with my boyfriend and I could never break up with him, in fact, when he comes back, we are getting married. Now, I've tried to mention this to my boyfriend in a very omitted way, i told him that we were friends, we hung out and then i realized that he was starting to get deep feelings for me and I told him we couldn't hang out anymore, not even as friends (which is true). My boyfriend called me the other day and he asked me about it, and thats what i told him. Should I tell him the whole thing? Everyone around me tells me not to say anything, but I don't want to live with guilt especially with my future husband. I love him so much, more than anything and I'm afraid he will break up with me or this will make our relationship very hard and jealously/paranoia will kick in. This will never happen again, but what should i do now? That was my idiot moment of the year! FML

Ugh. Girls like you piss me off. You'll do anything for the least bit of attention it seems. You better get used to this feeling lonely because your boyfriend is gonna be one busy guy for the next 4 years or so. If you can't handle this, you better get out now. No matter how you spin it, cuddling with this guy was cheating, and you know it. That's why you omitted some of the truth. How would you feel if your boyfriend were cuddling some other girl because he was "lonely"? You wouldn't respond very rationally.

If you admit to this, be prepared for him to break up with you. Be prepared for him to NEVER trust you again. If you think you can commit yourself to your boyfriend and ONLY him, then leave things as they are. Admitting to what you did is only going to hurt him. However, I think you should tell him and accept whatever punishment he feels is fitting.

Not to mention you led the poor cuddler on!

I think you should just put it behind you now, learn from your mistakes and never let it happen again. Am not sure how forgiving your fiance would be, everybody has a different tolerance to/definition of cheating but it could mean that each time he is away, which will be a hell of a lot, he will constantly be wondering whether there is yet more 'cuddling' and then some occuring back home. It is probably in his best interests you leave the details out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!