+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My desire for marriage has been switched off

My desire for marriage has been switched off

I never thought I would say this, but my longing for a soulmate has been switched off. WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED? You might ask

Well I was enjoying myself stuffing face with chips in a shopping Mall. Then came a family who was passing Hungry Jacks outlet(an Australian version of Burger King). The child of the family was reptitvely asking the parents if he could have some hungry jacks. The parents denied him this saying that they had Macdonalds yesterday. The child got more and more agitated as he was denied Hungry Jacks. "BUT I WANT A WHOOPER MEAL! I WANT A WHOPPER MEAL NOW!" squealed the little shit

I felt extremely sorry for the parents since the child's tantrum was testing their patience and not to mention their sanity. It made me realise I was lucky as a single person, not to go through with that.

And then when I went home, my mood sank lower as my mum and dad were in a middle of a verbal war for the millionth time in their married lives. Dad's yelling voice irritated the crap out of me.

In the next hour I got a phone call from my high school buddy - he said he needed someone to talk to because he's going through a difficult. My friend told me that he is having a hard time being a dad and a husband and he says it's a lot fo stressful work

And then there is my mother, boy she really irritates me with her nagging! "Have yuo got your mobile when you go out?Have you got enough money?Eat healthy food for goodness sakes!Have you ironed your clothes, no you haven't go upstairs and iron them!Have you done your homework go upstairs and do them!" If my future-wife nags me like that, I would be very miserable

Is this what married life is like, I pondered. And I look around my neighbourhood and I suddenly realised not many married people are happy with their lives.

The couple across the road are not talking to each other for some circumstance. The daughter from nextdoor's family has ran away. Is this the life I really want I ask myself

From then on I suddenly realised that I was incredibly lucky to live in a care-free single life, with not much worries or responsibility to take care of. When I desired marriage I wasn't aware of what I was getting myself into.

Right now I am sitting back feelings very relieved thinking "Phew, I'm glad I missed out on all of that garbage!"

And now that my desire of marriage has been switched off, I now feel very content with life all of a sudden

So you're moving to planet Fockerizer and never coming back?

I think marriage is whatever you make it. What does anyone else's marriage have to do with you anyway? Don't dwell on what's happening with others.

I cannot see the reasoning behind your negative outlook.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFockerizer View Post

And then when I went home, my mood sank lower as my mum and dad were in a middle of a verbal war for the millionth time in their married lives. Dad's yelling voice irritated the crap out of me.

And then there is my mother, boy she really irritates me with her nagging! "Have yuo got your mobile when you go out?Have you got enough money?Eat healthy food for goodness sakes!Have you ironed your clothes, no you haven't go upstairs and iron them!Have you done your homework go upstairs and do them!" If my future-wife nags me like that, I would be very miserable

Parents nag because their kids give them reason to. Why don't you stop giving your mother a reason to nag you?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?