+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help... what happened

Help... what happened

This guy and I began dating a few months ago. At first he "worshiped the ground I walked on" then moved on to a "oh this is my GF attitude. He told everyone how he "loved me" and I was the one. I believed He was the one too. Then all of a sudden two weeks ago he broke up with me, saying something about my "attitude" and saying I got too comfortable around his daughter ( who by the way is 3 and completely adores me, always calling my name and looking for me when I was not around) and kept mentioning that because of what he went through in the past our "puzzle pieces" did not fit at this time? Then went on saying things like: "I feel I've gained a really good friend"," I don't want there to be bad blood between us" and "lest be friends, don't be a stranger"
    I (like and idiot) am still in love with him. I don't know why he changed or how to go about this... I'm so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by swtari85 View Post
    This guy and I began dating a few months ago. At first he "worshiped the ground I walked on" then moved on to a "oh this is my GF attitude. He told everyone how he "loved me" and I was the one. I believed He was the one too. Then all of a sudden two weeks ago he broke up with me, saying something about my "attitude" and saying I got too comfortable around his daughter ( who by the way is 3 and completely adores me, always calling my name and looking for me when I was not around) and kept mentioning that because of what he went through in the past our "puzzle pieces" did not fit at this time? Then went on saying things like: "I feel I've gained a really good friend"," I don't want there to be bad blood between us" and "lest be friends, don't be a stranger"
    I (like and idiot) am still in love with him. I don't know why he changed or how to go about this... I'm so confused.
    I'm sorry you're hurting but there is some red flags there that you might want to pay attention to in your future dating experience(s). It's a good idea to be just a tad leary of a guy that after only a few months professes to "worship the ground you walk on" and that he "loves you." After only a couple of months you two don't even really know one another and you're basing your feelings on lust or infatuation and certainly not "love." You have to know someone to love them enough to know 'they are the one" that will actually last past the honeymoon period.

You're going to have some withdrawl because he's no longer in your life and you've become accustomed to him being there, but in time and with ZERO contact you'll get over expecting him to be there and you'll move on.

Give it more than two weeks but don't cling to your pain like it's your best friend. Next him and work on what he percieved to be your "attitude" ??

P.S. He's an ass for introducing woman to his young daughter that he's just been involved with for a "couple of months." It's not fair to his child to have "mommies" coming in and out of her life like that. But... thats not your issue but you may think of that in future if you go out with another guy with kids. Don't meet with them until you and he are totally into the relationship for a good solid amount of time and you know it's going to last.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 21-06-11 at 08:23 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Most of the time when someone changes or becomes distant, that means they have another interest. If not then he is a crack pot and you deserve better. Beware of the ones that jump too heavily into a relationship they usually do turn out to be nut jobs.