+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gotta figure something out quick

Gotta figure something out quick

I have a problem that I would like to get sorted out hopefully in the near future. I have a girlfriend of seven months now and yes, we make each other happy. However, I have had feeling for another girl since before my current girlfriend and my current relationship is long distance. I have never known this girls feelings towards me until just recently and I am certain she is very interested in me. She too is in a relationship. My main problems are that A: I truly don't want to hurt my current girlfriend, but I can't feel like I'm being truthful if I stay with her, and B: the other girl I have feelings for is a co-worker and have heard from a lot of people that dating in the work place is ill-advised.

Do I keep the long distance relationship or take my chances and see if I can make my love life a little closer to home?

In my short 20 years here I have learned that long-distance relationships are incredibly hard to maintain. They tend to work for short periods of time but unless both parties are incredibly trusting and faithful to each other after a time things usually go downhill.
    If I were in your position I would be tempted to end the long distance relationship and wait for the other girl (co-worker) to become available. This is a tough decision though because you don't know that the other will EVER become available. Good luck with whatever path you choose Golden Boy, keep us posted on the outcome.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LDRs are a sham. Do both yourself and your "girlfriend" a favor and call it off.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Well thank you both for your input. I will take it to heart and see where I take things from there.