+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why Cant We Be Friends?

Why Cant We Be Friends?

I know this guy who I like being around,we get on great and have a laugh but he told me recently that he didn't think we could become friends because he is in a relationship and didn't think it would be fair :-s Fair on what exactly? Men and Women have friends of the opposite sex all the time,why should this be any different? I just don't understand,any ideas?

Some people feel really guilty having a friend of the opposite sex when they are with someone. Either this or their girlfriend/boyfriend dont like them having friends of the opposite sex because some people don't believe that boys can be just friends with girls without wanting to be more. It's either that or he could have developed feelings for you and feels as though he has to keep away to make sure he don't act upon these feelings.

It could be something else but more likely one of the above. Just asking him out right. It's the only way you will find out why he acted like this.

Sarah x

I personally don't believe that guys can be friends with girls. There always seems to be one person that wants more out of the friendship. They might never admit it, but the idea surely crosses their minds.

He might be someone who doesn't beleive in guy/girl friendships. He might think you are interested in him, and he is happy with his current relationship.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is the never ending debate: "can men and women be JUST friends"

Yes, but no- is my answer.

Yes- as long as they've been "just friends" for as long as they can remember and nothing has ever happened between them.

No- if said 'friend' is very attractive. (let's be honest, I am) even worse if said 'friend' is a new friend.

You're in a sticky situation. I suggest if you really enjoy being *just* his friend, (be honest with yourself and everyone... are you the type that falls for a guy once you hang out with him? I do... but are you?) talk to him, ask him AND his gf out. Bring a few friends along with you and get to know them as a couple. The couple should be more at ease with you in their lives. And or try to get the gf or bf to hook you up with a date. That way the bf knows you're totally out for men other than him. And the gf will hopefully NOT see you as some mystery woman who is trying to steal her man. Make a real attempt with both parties and I would hope you can be friends with the both of them.

He can't be friends with you because when he's around you, he gets to feeling amorous and it messes up his brain.

Plus, you don't want to be friends either. Whether you know it or not, you want to be a threat to his girlfriend. I'm guessing you are far too young to have cleared the hormones form the decks on the "friends" issue.

Probably because he has feelings for you, or feels chemstry/a connection with you, and therefor isnt sure he can be just friends with you, because of these feelings. And because he has a girlfriend he doesnt want to risk anything by hanging out with you.

Simple as that

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Men always have an ulterior motive when it comes to be a womans "good" friend. He's obviously involved with someone he cares about and doesnt want to screw that up. Respect his decision and find a new "friend" one that isnt involved with someone else

well, it will begin as friends but it would be hard to get rid of you later