+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Experience and curiosity, when/how did you decide enough is enough?

Experience and curiosity, when/how did you decide enough is enough?

I took a break with my first GF (of 6 years) because I never went out with anyone else, still grappling with the subject.

There are at least two other threads regarding lack of experience holding back progress.

For those who are engaged, married, or on that route and confident about it, how did you shake curiosity? Did you have many relationships, or did the lack of just never bother you?

Thanks

i think sometimes people don't want to be apart no matter whether they have sown oats or not. but some people (rather a lot i would imagine) do need to sow their oats and go wild, coz if they don't they will feel trapped too soon and then resent their partners for it. if you have the urge to try being with other people then i would say that you are much better off leaving and getting out there. resenting someone will end the relationship badly and will make a person angry coz they may feel they missed out.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 02-12-08 at 10:25 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Jeanne is right, of course. Most people go through maybe 5 to 10 relationships to find the right one. What sucks, though, is the chance that you might go through 5 to 10 relationships to discover that you gave up the right one just because she happened to be your first.

If you're rolling in lush green grass now, don't expect the grass to be greener on the other side.

Good luck.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 02-12-08 at 11:41 PM.

From what I see, a lot of the fuel behind a mid-life crisis is the thought that you missed out on something when you were younger. If you've got the chance to sample the buffet now, I think you should do it until you're absolutely sick of it. Settle down because you know what you want, not because it's the way you happen to be headed already.

Dating is about a whole lot more than just getting some sexual experience. It's good for you, it will make you a better partner when you ultimately do decide to settle down and most of all, your SO won't wonder if you chose her or if she just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
    Spammer Spanker

I think varied experience is good, it broadens horizons and builds understanding of what's out there.

But personally I believe in if it's not broken don't fix it when it comes to relationship. I wouldn't give up on a relationship if everything was good just because I'm curious. The guilt would kill me.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm engaged now and happy not to play the fireld ever again....but that's because of all the relationship and dating experience I've already had.

I've dated enough people to know what's out there and to know what works for me and what doesn't. I recommend this method to everyone before settling down. Dating many different people really opens up your eyes.

See, now I can appreciate what I have, because I've had the rest and NOW I know I have the best
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi