+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend is quick on leaving

My girlfriend is quick on leaving

I have been with my girlfriend for a few months now and I really care about her. The thing is we both work and go to school quite a bit. Today we both had a day off which was amazing, I was looking forward to spending time with her. It's been about a week since we've actually been able to talk. Her work just called and asked if she could come in because they are short on people. She didn't even hesitate and went in... I don't mind her working at all. In fact, I think it's great. We were supposed to study though and she has been complaining about working too much. So I am kind of puzzled. I feel awful but I feel like I shouldn't.

Her ex boyfriend works with her and that kind of bothers me. I suppose it might be the cause of my crappy feelings. Is it normal for her to be leaving like this or am I just overreacting? Neither of us have financial issues.

It's only been a few months dude. You may "really" care about her BUT do you really love her?
    If you do? You need to learn to respect her wishes. If you don't love her: then walk away, take a step back and reevaluate your expectations:
    like you expecting her to spend time with you when she had a day off: even if it was just for the purpose of studying.

If you two have conflicting schedules: it is obvious that work, school and other necessities are more important than your relationship
    WHICH btw, is normal...I would never want a girlfriend to give up on her goals, or dreams just because of me: those are way too precious to inject my selfish wants
    into her schedule should they conflict.

Her ex BF working with her is just the icing on the expired cake dude.
    You sound too needy and clingy for a working girl who is obvious independent.
    Either allow her to live her life: or get out of the relationship. It doesn't get easier.

I would never want her to give up on goals or dreams because of me, in agreement 100% there. I guess I'm just sort of bummed because we had planned this, haha. As for the ex, he phones a lot, guy is a pest. I guess I am being pretty clingy.

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzle View Post
    I would never want her to give up on goals or dreams because of me, in agreement 100% there. I guess I'm just sort of bummed because we had planned this, haha. As for the ex, he phones a lot, guy is a pest. I guess I am being pretty clingy.
    In my universe: I afford my latest girlfriend a relationship where it's just her and I, not her and I and all those pesky exes that couldn't let go and move on from me.
    It's not fair to her, just like it's not fair for you.

But, she made the mistake of shitting where she slept (the workplace) so now she must reap what she had sown: and you along with it.
    It's all in how you handle yourself. There is NO reason why she should be taking his calls, so find out why.

It could be they are just friends but then again: you don't even know her that well as HE does, so she may see him as a confidant, which sure, it sucks
    but you are too reaping what you had sown. Lack of a foundation with which to build a true and meaningful relationship...