+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When to have the exclusivity talk?

When to have the exclusivity talk?

Looking for some advice from a lady's perspective here.. I have been casually dating this girl I met about two weeks ago and we completely hit it off. We have a lot in common yet there are still interesting things we can show eachother. On the second date she popped this question to me..

"So are you dating anyone else right now?"

I said no, but I did not ask if she was in return.. Mainly because I didn't care too much if she was, it was only a second date. Things seem to be moving very fast between us which I do not really mind. She sends me texts like "I really miss you" and "I can't get you off my mind, you're completely amazing". This makes me feel really good, cause I have grown to like her a lot recently and I would really like to make her my girlfriend. We have been spending more time together than the first week and we both enjoy it a lot. She seems a bit on the dependent side, but I kind of like that in a girl.

The problem here is that we have only been seeing eachother for two weeks and I do not want to appear desperate or needy because I am not. I like her a lot, but I have no problem if she does not wish to be exclusive just yet and don't want her to run for the hills lol. But she seems like a good honest, genuine, fun, and interesting girl which is extremely rare to come by these days. I was thinking of maybe giving it a month before I decide to pop the exclusivity question, or perhaps wait for her to do it. I even brought her around my friends and the girls in my circle of friends said she's great for me.
    Last edited by AlexD; 26-08-11 at 03:48 AM.

that sounds really cool man i think you should def go after her, but as far as your question goes i think you should just be patient and let things happen no need to try and label things especially so soon. if you're a blunt and forward person like me you might get impatient, but you just gotta be cool and take it step by step and then you guys wont even have to say anything. that's just one man's opinion though.

I was thinking of maybe giving it a month before I decide to pop the exclusivity question, or perhaps wait for her to do it. I even brought her around my friends and the girls in my circle of friends said she's great for me.
    IMO if you are being intimate then it is NEVER too soon to ask for exclusivity. If you have yet to be intimate then wait until you are to ask. You don't have to label your relationship as bf/gf to be exclusive the two terms (bf/gf and exclusive) can be separate and apart from one another.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Sounds like she hinted at being exclusive. She might as well be the type of girl who like to be exclusive from the start. If you want to make her your gf, then do it. Not saying anything until a month later might have some girls wondering what is wrong. Either way, you are risking something so might as well do what you want.