+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just walked out on him...

Just walked out on him...

Well, This is my first thread and I'm starting with stating that I just walked out on a guy I've been seeing for a couple months.

I can't believe I'm here, behind my computer, at 2am, joining a Love forum and talking about this. But I just feel like writing. I would've never though that I'd be able to do it. Never. I'm not that strong.
    It's me, who recently turned 30, who went nuts maybe....I just walked out on a perfectly good guy who just burns a fuze whenever for whatever...I can't even have a hint of what's going on in his head sometimes and pow! There he goes again. So I walked.

I was in a 6 years relationship 5 months ago. I left him, for lack of passion and basically cause I didn't know what I wanted anymore or who I was. I had let myself become...him. His interests, his friends, his family...and I loved it too. Until I realized I didn't know anymore what I wanted for myself. So I left.

And met T.
    T is the perfect balance for me. We really are a team, he made me realize how alone I was in my previous relationship. Evolving with someone else makes us realise a lot of things sometimes. Anyhow, I was happy to have met someone like him. As passionnate as me in ways I never found anywhere else. At first, we were just friends, than a little more, than a couple. This is where everything changed, aint that crazy ! Before being an official couple, all was fine. We were tender and sweet and falling in love. Now we're ...strange I guess... and I know im a big part of this, I became a little obsessed cause I had feelings and then, was afraid to get hurt or left behind at some point.
    But whenever I try to talk about it with him, he gets mad, a fuze pops and he doesn't understand anything anymore...he says so himself, although not admitting (or not even realizing) he gets explosif without warning.

And I don't know how to deal with that ... Seriously. I can talk about anything, ANYTHING! I'll have opinions but I'll never judge. I believe we can talk ourselves out of any feud with our partner. Come on! It's only logic!
    Anyway...what do you do when the other one doesn't see his side, never! I will admit all my faults and understand the other's point of view but never will he. How is that possible ? How sad actually....

So because of that, I walked out. Because of another ridiculous fight on a ridiculous misinterpretation...I left. You have to understand I don't do fights. I talk. I don't up my voice and scream. He said if I left, hed pack my stuff and come by to pick his at my place tomorrow. I still left. Is it that I don't care ? I think im just tired. This is draining me...He yelled at me to come back, I walked. He messaged me on my cell, I hailed a cab.....Now he's just texting me again...I keep my fingers busy my continuing to type here.

There's no direct question here I think...just a million, all around...

I have no answers but I think you made the right choice.

In the long run, can you really be with a person who is both irrational and has such an explosive temper?

And he used threats to keep you from walking away. That's just not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrella* View Post
    Now we're ...strange I guess... and I know im a big part of this, I became a little obsessed cause I had feelings and then, was afraid to get hurt or left behind at some point.
    What did you do?
    Break off emotionally?
    Demand that you'd get married in a year?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds to me like you don't know what you want.

You've left 2 guys now, is that right?

Both cases sound to me like communication gets difficult and you don't know how to negotiate for what you want. This case took less time than your first relationships, but they ended the same way. You run away.

Maybe you should just stay single for a while until you sort out what you want in life. Feel good about yourself and your accomplishments and then perhaps find a partner to share them with.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh