+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me or not? (long story sorry)

Does she like me or not? (long story sorry)

Alright I've got a problem about a certain girl at my work, I'm not sure if she likes me in the same way or not. And I dunno I can't stop thinking about her. I apologise ive written alot.

Shes 17 im 18

I'm gonna basically try and sum it down or ill be typing all day, and as you can probably tell im over analysing everything she does, but I cant help it...

Started about 2 weeks ago, just normal day at work, I think I said one thing to her (and I'd have never spoken to her previously) and when she finished she walked past me saying bye, which I thought was weird cos I dont know her she doesnt know me....

Last week we where both on a break (not alone) and I started talking to her a bit, not conversation just odd comment. I stood up and she was sat near me, and she started poking me and smiling, so I started poking her on the arm as well (kinda childish though). Later on on the break She ended up sitting behind me and I was infront of her. And she had her feet tapping my shoulders and hips, and when she would id poke her or something childish on her leg. But eventually she stopped, id start her poking her and she wouldnt do/move/say anything. Which was aqward.

She would also tap my foot and then id tap her back, someone that was on a break as well commented on it saying 'o are you two playing footsie', I just commented back messing around saying shes 'bullying me'.

Other thing she did was say my name while she was washing her hands, i turned around and said not me the other one (I was next to someone who had same name as me) but then she said my name again and when i turned around again flicked water in my eyes.

While I was touching her leg a guy next to her was in the way, so I messed about saying 'what you doing your in my way' and she said back 'i bet you wanted to touch his leg' and got my arm and tried to force it to touch his leg. She then complemented me saying that I was strong, which I definatly aren't.

Another thing she did was saying I couldnt sit next to her cos of her imaginary friend was there (flirting?) but eventually i sat there and then when i got up to get my coat she grabbed my wrist with both her hands to stop me going, and i just smiled and dragged her to my coat while she was sat down still.

So yesterday I stopped her before she was about to go home and asked if I could get her number, she didn't say anything to me she just looked at me and nodded, and she paused for about a second before nodding, which made me think does she really want me to have it and shes just being nice.

Immediatly after work I texted her, asking how she was doing what she was up to, she txted back saying nothing much tryna get money outa bank but couldnt and shes annoyed, and asked if id finished work. I replied saying yea and that i hadn't got much credit either (only enough for 4 txts) and that i was trying to get cash to top up (though i obviously ment it like i wanted to keep txting her)
    She then responded saying 'Im the same I have on credit :/ so I will have to talk to you whenever. Have a good week xx'
    Which threw me back cos i thought if she WANTED to get with me she'd WANT to text me, but instead says she talk to me whenver, then saying have a good week is like implying we aint gonna text eachother or speak untill next week at work.... But we both get paid thursday. So it sounds to me like she dont wanna get with me but she dont wanna say it. Also the way I was talking to her etc me asking for her number is practically saying 'I like you'

Another thing is she dont really come up to speak to me, I usually have to come up to her and talk to her, and she dont really ask much about me. Though when we start speaking she isnt reserved she dont give gimme the idea that she dont wanna speak to me. She isn't shy. She also doesnt act like that around anyone else, well ive never seen it.

I really appreciate for anyone that responds cos I know thats alot of text.

Just ask her out. For a coffee (or wherever it is you teenagers go to these days). Spend some time together, you and her. Get to know each other better.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yeah, what Mishanya said. It's amazing how much we analyze and scheme to find answers to simple questions when we could just ask them!!! If you want to know if she wants to go out with you, ask her out. By the way, girls absolutely LOVE that kind of confidence.

And what's with all the hitting and poking? That is SO Junior High!

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 03-03-09 at 07:45 AM.

Meh, I think that you're both a little immature.

And I also get the feeling that you're the clingy type.

You have barely spoken and you are trying to read into this way too much.
    I don't chase, I replace.

sorry to bump my post but....

Past 2 days at work shes been off compeletly, not actually saying or doing anything unless its bout work, I dont get ignored but kinda treated like im not there.

So I guess she is saying she isnt interested?

And now its kinda aqward, cos shes doing that which makes me feel she isnt interested which makes me sad and not speak to her

You will find this kinda thing tends to happen often (especially with teenagers). Do the best you can to read the signs. If she ignores you, ignore her. If there is interest, then ask her out. Don't over think it and don't over invest yourself in this.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~