Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm taking my little sister to Grand Island this week

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I'm taking my little sister to Grand Island this week

And am going to show her how to use all kinds of guns

anachronistic Guest
    I think my step father is going to give me his left-handed 22LR. I am so excited I hope he does.

Have a good time, and remember, rifleman's safety.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's gonna be great. My dad, uncle, and 2 cousins are going too, so depending on how many guns each of us bring we should have around 20 or so different pieces to shoot

Sounds like fun. I've never shot a gun in my life, and I don't think I want to. But potato guns, that's a diff story!

have fun!

Tone Guest
    I've also never shot a gun in my life... but I suppose I should learn if I'm to be ready for a zombie infestation...

I don't see the fascination with guns, personally.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    I haven't shot very many different kinds of guns. I use a shotgun every year for bird hunting... usually stick to a 12 gage, but I have used 410 before. I have also shot an M14. I use that for medium-sized game. I shot a friend's 270 one time, I shot a 223 the other day (prairie dog hunting) I shot a 22LR quite a few times... especially my step father's lefty which I might get soon. I have also shot a Ruger 22 pistol. It belongs to a friend of mine. We passed it around and he let all of us shoot it a few times. It's a nice little revolver.

Anyway, I never shot a gun before I came out here. Where I live, you have to have a gun, because shit happens. And sometimes the only way to handle shit, is to blow a hole in its head. By shit, I mean wild buffalo, mountain lions, rattle snakes, all kinds of shit that will kill you if it gets a chance. Thankfully, I have only had to use guns for defense a small number of times. It's always nice to know how to shoot a gun, and have one ready in case shit happens. And you can use it to hunt for food! It's actually kind of fun, but it takes a great responsibility - which is something that not everybody can handle. And that's why I appreciate it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    I don't see the fascination with guns, personally.
    I don't see how that in any way constitutes a fascination. But like a lot of people who have never shot a gun or seen one in a domestic setting, to you it does

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I don't see how that in any way constitutes a fascination. But like a lot of people who have never shot a gun or seen one in a domestic setting, to you it does
    No, what I mean by "fascination" is your regular upbringing of guns. Not just this thread. E.g. Your signature.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, half of my signature. For most of my time on LF my signature was an rcon command for a video game but no one ever said I had a fascination, despite lots of posts being about that

But gun ownership is just a good of proof of equality

DM: I really wish you and the family a happy break, enjoy your time. Shooting will definitely be fun. I never thought of shooting a gun although my mum has done that years ago.
    On Tuesday, I will be on a sandy lovely beach by the Mediterranean sea! Waoo I am looking forward for swimming with my kid, either at the hotel pool or the sea.... Has anyone swum before in the Mediterranean?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have fun clearskies! Where specifically in the Med. Sea are you gonna be? I've swam in the Tyrrhenian Sea quite a few times

Alexandria.. we will be there for a week . I hope it wont be that hot.

I've swam in the Mediterranean. It's beautiful, but depending on the time of year can be loaded with jelly fish. If I were you, I'd look into traveling to the Red Sea, where it was less of a problem.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My little sisters first time popping caps. She ownt
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 12-07-08 at 10:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast