+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls respond better when you aren't being nice to them

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Girls respond better when you aren't being nice to them

A cute cashier I was completely indifferent to a while ago was very friendly to me twice over the period of a few months (only two times I bought things and she was the cashier at this place). Then today I'm friendly with her for the first time and get a cold response. There is NO WAY she would have recalled me, each approach was like she saw me for the first time

Yep, thats how girls feel about friendliness. It's like this- if you can't completely manipulate them into thinking you're amazing you shouldn't even talk to them. Because if you simply want to be friendly without any desired consequence, they won't like that, like they are expecting you to be a wormy, gross kind of guy

Ouch with the stereotypes...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They're true stereotypes, unless you are talking about quality southern women

The differences between men and women is a hundred times bigger than the difference between whites and blacks

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    They're true stereotypes, unless you are talking about quality southern women

The differences between men and women is a hundred times bigger than the difference between whites and blacks

Stereotypes are rarely correct... Point in case... I don't act like the woman you mentioned. Sure I have my faults... but I don't expect such faults to be a 'gender-based' theme. Rather, I view them more as character flaws... or failure to properly accept responsibilities. Essentially... flaws I can fix.

If these flaws are stereotyped for my gender... then society as a whole is telling me that even if I were to fix these flaws... the assumption will always be made that I can't rise above them.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I don't act like the woman you mentioned.
    You probably do

Sorry DM, but I'm not that type.

I dont like when guys approach me rude.

Like down here they try to holla at a girl by saying "Pssssssst"

But when I hear em, I say "did a pipe burst?" and keep it moving. Lol.

Most guys either approach me speaking spanish(LOL), or with that pssst shit. It's lame to me.

BUT, some guys actually approach me with respect. They dont go for the "Can I have your number" line. Some just give a casual compliment and keep it moving. Some just make conversation as they are in the same room or store as me. I really like that.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I found that the most effect I left on women was when I felt indifferent. When I was in the mood of "I don't want anything, she just happens to be here". I felt free. I didn't need to perform, put on the best face or do anything and I think women are good at picking up on these emotions, so they let their guard down (and that's when I 'charmingly' pounced on them)
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know you wouldn't tolerate that Nisha, I could easily infer that from your posts

You probably do

I probably own a red car... I can probably do or not do a lot of things... but you don't really know.

In this regard... I know I do not act as that woman was portrayed by your post.

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, you can know that, I can't. I can say I pretty much know Nisha isn't based on what I know about her from her posts but I can't say I know the same about you

Yeah, you can know that, I can't. I can say I pretty much know Nisha isn't based on what I know about her from her posts but I can't say I know the same about you

I try my best to be fair whenever possible... and correct any mistakes I make along the way. I'm a far cry from perfect... but I wouldn't be cold to complete strangers... Even with my ex, and all that he has done to me... I still do not act coldly or mean to him when I chance upon him.

The woman you portrayed was simply being a bitch with apparently no provocation.

And as for Nisha... based on her posts... she strikes me as a 'no-nonsense' and 'tell it to you straight' kind of person. Qualities I can respect in any person.

As for you, I was hoping for a rather intelligent discussion that was separate of bias. Please understand... there are many women who do try to be more than what stereotypes portray them to be... it's a daunting task and one that will be fraught with mistakes. But I do remain hopeful and diligent in learning how to be a better person.

- James Allen

It is a freaking cashier. Its not like you are doing a case study on women.