View Poll Results: Should the girl lean over to open/unlock your door for you?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 75.00%
  • No

2 25.00%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mars & Venus VS A Bronx Tale

Mars & Venus VS A Bronx Tale

Okay, like most of the women I know when on a date with a guy when he opens the car door for me - I lean over and unlocked/opened his door for him. I have been doing this since I was 16, and many guys tell me that means I passed "the test."

Apparently in the movie Bronx Tale Sonny tells the kid if the girl doesn't unlock the car - to get rid of her, it's a bad sign. Well I just read one of the Mars & Venus books and he says that you should NOT do that.

So speak out - what do you think about it?

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

I ALWAYS wait, I never had a guy unlock the door for me until Iron, and I instinctively reached over and unlocked the door for him. I didnt think about it, I just did it. He said thank you and stuff, but I feel it was a courtesy thing.

GOOD topic girl, cause Im discussing this same issue with all of my girlfriends and they all reach over as well. So in reading that book, and understanding WHY youre not suppose to, I think I will always instincitively STILL reach over and do it for him.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Ummm.... *perplexed* I never thought about that. Maybe because I've never been on a date when I had to get into a guy's car. Mike didn't have his car in Moscow so we used ground transportation just like everyone else in a metropolitan city. *thinking really hard* Okay, I'm not a good person to answer a post like that, first of all I don't drive. I seriously don't know how to operate a car and truth be told, Mike had to show me how to lock/unlock the car. Okay, that's embarrassing.

Why, Im literally shocked that people even consider things like that...
    I have it all. Including kino.

Hahahahaaaaa

Its pretty simple, Killer.

Anyway, I think a girl should lean over and open the car door. If she doesn't, I'll take note of it. But then again, cars with keyless entry already have all the car doors unlocked with the touch of a button.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Oh...and that too. And always keep in your mind that there are a few retards like me who don't even know how to operate a car.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yes, if your car is the type of car without an automatic lock, i feel that if the guy unlocks the car door for a girl, then she should also lean over an unlock the door for the guy. it would also be nice if she opened it too. she doesn't have to, but it's only out of consideration. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I found the book to be pretty good and there were lots of things that I thought "So THAT'S what happens!" but the car door thing just threw me for a loop!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Some of my guy friends DEFINITELY notice when a girl does this. Its just a common courtesy. I had never thought of doing it until about a year ago when my friend had the quote about it in his away message. Then I decided that its something I would want to do.

Last summer I was dating a guy and he always ALWAYS opened my car door for me. Its something that I noticed and appreciated. And when last boyfriend wouldn't open it for me, I always noticed--it never made me like him any less, but it was something that I had really grown to appreciate so I looked for it. I think chivalry is a good thing because it demonstrates a guy's respect for his girl. However, I think it can go the other way too, and there are little considerate things that girls can do for a guy as well, and I think this is one of them. I don't think it should determine whether a guy keeps or loses the girl, but I think its something the girl should do, and that the guy would take note of.

Unless its automatic locks. then I think he'll be ok on his own
    Last edited by swimmingNreverie; 30-07-04 at 03:01 AM.
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"