+ Follow This Topic

Thread: bit worried about tomorrow....

bit worried about tomorrow....

Gonna see this guy at work tomorrow - the first time i have seen him since we got frisky on thursday night. Didnt have sex but did far more than i should have.

After our Thursday meet he text me once to tell me he was not going to be in work. I e-mailed him while i was in work and talked about his illness [ongoing thing my mum is an expert in alternative therapy and i was mentioning other treatments he could try]. He replied thanking me for the info - and told me he was supposed to be at football and a family do this weekend and he was gonna have to cancel both cos he was feeling so rough. i said i hope you feel better soon and that i was planning on sleeping most of the weekend lol. That was the last i heard from him until i messaged him on facebook saturday morning - just saying i hope he feels well enough to go to the family do and to take care - he replied saying he still felt rough and he would try to go - he asked me how i was. I replied telling him i was fine and that my mum had sent me some tablet things to me to give to him for him to try [my mum has the same condition that he does and she uses these tablets and they seem to work] herbal stuff.

He hasnt replied.

Is that normal? What do i do tomorrow? I dont want to seem too keen? In fact before he made a move on me i was quite happy to be single - now i feel like a fricken teenager again.

Am i worrying over nothing? how do i play this out? With any luck he might be off work sick again lol - that would be the ideal result for me tbh

Did you guys communicate that much before hooking up? If not you're already coming on a bit strong.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

he was flirting for about a 7-10 days before we met outside of work. He asked me out to lunch in work last monday, i declined, then he text and emailed me while he was off work sick tues and wednesday then he phoned me on thursday and asked to meet again - eventually i said yes and we got frisky - since then he has sorta backed off. Do you think he was in it for the chase and once he caught me he doesnt want to know now?

i will back off big time then - no more contact initiated from me...is that the way to go?

I wouldn't hurt to back off a bit if he is sick. No one really wants to be bothered too much when they're ill. Like most of us he's probably sleeping the days away until he feels better. Tomorrow just be your normal nice self.

Beyond that, I'm sure you're just trying to be nice, and maybe that's what he likes about you, but you only sort of hooked up once, and you're already coming across as kind of "girlfriendy". Slow down a little bit.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

UPDATE:

the guy is back from sick leave and emailled me as soon as he got in work. Emailled me for the rest of the day, then text and phoned last night. Today he asked me to lunch, i accepted this time - had a lovely time, he says the sweetest things lol

Now he wants to organise a 'dvd evening' - i imagine that means he wants me somewhere where we cant be interrupted or caught - i am scared cos i know if he tried it on i would so swoon and run the risk of looking like a tart.

God i hate second guessing wtf is going on!!!

We have only met up twice now.

it sounds like you like this guy alot.,however working together will get one or both of you in trouble. If it can be contained to outside the workplace you have a chance.

we have already discussed the working thing - we are keeping it a secret for now, although my workplace has many wifes/husbands/partners within it - it doesnt seem a big deal.

So long as when/if it ends we both act maturely about it - i know i can keep control of my emotions on the surface [and deal with them like a schoolgirl out of work] lmao
    Last edited by tufty; 27-01-10 at 01:29 AM. Reason: 'when/if' not just 'when it ends'

lol....good now no more worries...go have fun!

What I am wondering now is how does he see you?

Does he see you as a potential easy **** once in a while or are you grfriend material to him.

I would avoid being alone with him. If he wants to go out with you tell him you are only free saturday afternoon for coffee (make up a busy schedule due to a family birthday or wedding).
    That's a pretty boring date for a guy cos it means there is gonna be more talking than action...

If he likes you he'll be there...aren't I evil?

Just be careful. I'm not saying he's not interested in dating you but say you sleep with him right away and then it turns out he doesn't want to date you exclusively then you'd have to see him everyday and that would be tough. You'd feel a thousand times worse than you did after you messed around with him. Keep a good head on your shoulders.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

oo good thinking sookie!!!

right so all these texts he is sending telling me how he can't wait till thursday to see me ect [i am on a training day tomorrow so not in the office] are all just a ruse to try to get to see me tonight or tomorrow night?

To be honest i would love to see him before thursday - tis so hard to act all cool and chilled when ur tummy is doing fricken somersaults ffs

I never mentioned he is fricken gorgeous did i, like proper fit as fuk gorgeous - jesus i think i am going mental

ok queenofcorona

how long is a decent time to wait until you do do the dead then? cos the build up is kinda knackering me out lol

Hard to say. Thats something you'll have to know for yourself when the time is right. Nothing wrong with messing around and making him want to come back for more.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Oh oh! Tufty! If he is gorgeous it's gonna be tough not to give in too soon...

Avoid alcohol and try to stay together in a public place!!!

With good looks come great confidence...you need to remind yourself that this guy can have most girls he wants so he is probably playing the field for now...

If you don"t want to end up one amongs the many he has slept with please tread carefully...you don't want this to end up in tears do you???

Good luck with this!

After all this warning I don't want to put you off...it's still a fantastic time to date someone you fancy so do not let doubts and fear ruin it...

If he turns out to be the one for you then great but if he doesn"t nothing wrong with having a good time.

Keep a cool head and don't get attached too quickly. Protect your little heart honey !

awww thank you so much for replying.

i am gonna be a good girl for as long as is humanly possible - i feel like i am gonna burst though!

bloody men - wtf is it about them that makes u wanna drop everything [including ur fricken knickers!] and just get down and dirty grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ok i need to take a cold shower - might throw my phone down the loo while im at it - if he keeps texting me telling me i am gorgeous i will fricken screammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm