+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She gave me her number, so I texted her. Total disaster!!!!!!!!!!

She gave me her number, so I texted her. Total disaster!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, this is a followup of my previous thread, which is fifth or sixth thread below...
    So last night, after having exchanged email on the dating site with her and 36 hours after she emailed her phone number to me, I mustered a nerve to text her as advised by many supporters here

And this is what happened

I: "Hi, Karen. This is Rick. I hope you had quite a day "

immediately

She : "Rick?"

I:" We exchanged email online and I was given your number the other night "

She: "Ah, yeah Rick. How are you? I am just in downtown"

I : "I am good. Bet u r having a jolly time up there. Miss my heydays there "

subsequently

I : "Anyways, have a blast, but not too much fun and night nighty"

<I thought that I wanted to play COOL, instead of clingy, prying and creepy..so I wrapped things up pretty quickly, instead of making her latching on to the cell phone while she is with her friend, having some quality time..>

And that was it. No text me back or whatnot.. It was like 10:40pm and I surmised that she was having lots of fun with her friends doing things.. but still bummed...

In particular, I felt bad that she did not recall me..well grant it she probably has received lots of email on the dating sites.. and I am one of them.. but she gave ME her number...and I atleast expected that she would remember my name... but what the hell..

I dunno know.. I am just bummed.. and it seems that she is not either awake or has no intention of texting me back...

Ah..it sucks!

Should I text her later? or should I just back off...

more tips of the way in which I text her?

You could try again but don't take it too personally.

Texting sucks. Call her instead and meet in person.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    I hate text messages. I really hate those god damn text messages. I wish they were never invented, but the cell phone industry just has to make things more complicating for money.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tried not to be clingy??

Those texts screamed clingy!

"Try not to have too much fun and nighty night"?!

What are you, her brother?

Somebody needs to teach you a lesson or two about talkin' to chicks...

Anyway, don't bother with this chick anymore, you already f&#250;cked it up.

You need to change your attitude man. Be more formal and serious. I actually laughed at your text messages, because to be honest, they are pretty immature. I know this is hard take in because you are trying to be really nice, but you need to be more mature. Change it and see what happens.

I: "Hi, Karen. This is Rick. I hope you had quite a day "

-- "Quite a day"??? sounds like something from a cheesy 70's movie. Seriously, no one uses "Quite a day." Use something easy like, "how are you today?"

immediately

She : "Rick?"

I:" We exchanged email online and I was given your number the other night "

- "I was given," passive voice sounds awkward in any situation. Say "we exchanged number the other night on xyz site"

She: "Ah, yeah Rick. How are you? I am just in downtown"

--- See, she uses simple language. "how are you?"

I : "I am good. Bet u r having a jolly time up there. Miss my heydays there "

- "Jolly time" who ever says "jolly time"????

subsequently

I : "Anyways, have a blast, but not too much fun and night nighty"

--- "but not too much fun" what??? that is terrible sarcasm. I don't even get it. "night nighty" --> exactly what the previous poster said.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yup, after about the second or third texted, i would've asked for her number already.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    yup, after about the second or third texted, i would've asked for her number already.

raverboy
    If you can text her.. doesn't that mean you ALREADY have her number? why not just call? this just screams "i'm too scared and insecure to call you, so i'd rather text".. clearly not an attractive message you're sending off..

you can still fix it though.. call her.. and say:

"Hey, it's me.. (yes, you, as if to imply you know who I am)"

Her: Hey you.. blah blah

"Sorry about the texting, you just struck me as someone shy, and I hate it when i'm the only one talking on the phone, ever had people like that? it sucks.. anyway I just realized you're not really as shy as you come off.. so i'm like.. ugh, awsome, I hate texting, it's so annoying.. it feels like you're trying to type a 10 page paper, but someone's played a practical joke on you and shrunk the keyboard; and you can only use one finger.."

BAM! totally flipped it around.. conveyed confidence, being cocky-funny, added some humor.. I think that makes for a great first impression over the phone.. so just practice it a couple of times if it helps.. and give her a call.. don't be nervous.. seriously.. you're just talking.. you're not asking her to marry you! or go out with you on this first phone call! so there's ZERO good reasons why you should be nervous!
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree with Scorp.

Abandon ship.

1. dont text her back. if she wants to talk to you she will text you.
    2. Dont take the asses on this site too personally. Just because you sounded like a fag to a strange girl doesnt mean youre a bad guy
    3. Theres plenty of decently hot single chicks out there. personally i think internet dating sites are full of flakes, fat people.. the worlds most insecure people. Go talk to some babes at your work/school/around where you live.

I understand where youre coming from with the not trying to be clingy which is cool. Guys should do little things to let the girl know they were thinking of them. Then girls are all cutesy and make the guy chase after them. Thats how we roll.. If a guy was pushing himself on me all at once I would not be flattered.

This particular girl sounds like she gives out her number all the time or just wants to be on a site where people compliment her all the time rather then truly for a relationship. Starting out with a text to say hi isnt a bad start though, its casual and not intimidating and easy for her to reply if shes interested.
    Last edited by bloodtippedrose; 06-01-08 at 03:45 AM.

I agree with the notion that you should try a phone call before getting into texting, Rick. A text message can't say a lot of things a phone call can (tonality, etc.).

I personally love to hear a woman's purr on the other end of the line, and dismiss the ones who stoop to sending me a, "wat u doin?" as a preamble to an evening on the town.

~Sphinx

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    If you can text her.. doesn't that mean you ALREADY have her number? why not just call? this just screams "i'm too scared and insecure to call you, so i'd rather text".. clearly not an attractive message you're sending off..
    yeah that's what i meant.. bottom line is why should you waste your time texting when you can talk on the phone.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Tedel Guest
    Quick reply again: If a girl gives you her number it is for you to call her, not to text her. Don't text her again, call her (be a man, for God sake!)

My goodness! can't even remember your name! That's cruel. If I were you, I will not waste time to "follow up". How sincere is she in making friend with you...I wonder?

Don't take offense to the whole "Rick???!?" situation.

She's never talked to you before and for Rick to text her she's like WTF!~?

Anyways lmao at your texts, quit being nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast