+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex torn between me and bay father

My ex torn between me and bay father

I broke up with my ex as she went back to the father of her baby because she felt bad that the baby would not have the father around. She was single when we started dating and wasn't happy with the father. A year after we broke up she called me we spoke and we're not happy apart. She knows she's the love of my life and that I'd love her daughter as my own. She doesn't know what to do, be with me or stay fir the baby. Anyone been in this situation. I don't want to lose her especially if she feels the same way about me. We could really have a good life together but have this hurdle in the way. Any ideas how this will end up? Thanks

If the father is a total tool, she's an idiot for going back to him.

I, personally, wouldn't screw around with this situation anymore. If she's been in a relationship for him for a while and can't bring herself to leave, she's not ready. She may still care about you but from my end (single mum myself) she's not ready to leave. If things were really that bad, she would have stayed gone. Family courts are in place for a reason, and if the father was safe, visits could be arranged and child support could be doled out.

Is the child's welfare in any serious danger? If not, say your piece and move on. It's hard but it happens.

No the baby is safe. Thing is I just don't think they will stag together forever and know she will come to me. I just don't want to turn her away if she does cos I've moved on. I wish she just came with me and we go through the hardship together but make it through