+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did i do the right thing?

Did i do the right thing?

Long story short, i met this girl, she is down right amazing, the kind of girl i would hope to be like the person i spend my life with. I have had many "bad bad" girlfriends who drove me insane!

My mate is a really girls guy. He has a gf but has openly admitted cheating on her. I am 23 and at this point in my life i am more career focus and relationship focused. I am over the stage where i need to go our and experiment.

Tonight my mate asked me to go clubbing with him and his other mate. He said we will have a singles night because he had a fight with his gf, and the club we were going to he had chosen because of the reputation for good looking girls. I was very uncomfortable about this, as i would rather go to pub and watch some sport and have a chat, i am not 16 anymore.

I told my girlfriend about this and i told my mate i had to go to work tonight and would not be able to make it. My gf trusts me, and i would have loved to gone out with my mate but i have a gf, and i dont want to act single. My gf was offended by what he said because she is also friends with him.

Did i do the right thing? I dont want to seem like a wimp to my gf, i felt like a idiot saying i did not want to go because i did not want to be caught up in anything, and i do regularly go out with the boys, but i feel now being 23 and in a decent relationship i have to grow up and know when something is not right.

What do you think?

If you weren't comfortable in the scenario, you did the right thing. Just because he wants to go out and act single, doesn't mean you have to want that too.

You can always go, but if you don't want to, then why would you?
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Why are you friends with people like that? I think you can do better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kjb is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    sounds like you know what you want and your not going to let your friends influence you. From what you said you sound like you have your head on your shuoulders and are a good bf! good for you! Not very many guys are like that.

Just set your priorities and make sure you are not mislead.