I knew her since childhood we are now 31. In the last few years we reconnected and got closer. When I moved close to her neighborhood and during this time she called nearly everyday to help me find a place to rent, go out and eat..etc constantly laughing and flirting. She once told me she has a boyfriend she works with but he is divorced with young kids so she hasn't told her parents about it. I asked her out one night and she came all dressed up (normally not the one to dress up unless special occasion). I told her I had feeling for her but she told me she likes someone else. I told her I can't see her anymore and we parted. I havn't spoke to her for 5 months.

Then last few weeks her mom keeps coming over to my new place to check up on me and give me fruits and other food. I know she means well but it doesn't help me get over her.

PS. I've figured the daughter is the kind who 'uses' her family members to communicate with me at certain times. She has 'used' her brother to communicate with me in the past but the primary message was lost due to Chinese whispers.