+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hi, I'm... er... ver-VERY mixed up right now...

Hi, I'm... er... ver-VERY mixed up right now...

Hi I'm new to this forum and after advice...
    Just hear me out here

I'm currently studying A-Levels at my 6th form college and I like this lass.
    I've vagueley known her since september... thats about 8 months, I know her a bit better now as we talk during the lessons we're next to each other.

However we're all off on study leave now to revise and I'm thinking of her 24/7... which is sorta bad considering I'm revising...

I had a plan to ask her out at a BBQ i've organised for next saturday.. however I've just found out she's going to some bloody festival so that plan's down the shitter , a couple of hours ago I was in a right state, consumed by all sorts of feelings 'cos of that...

At the moment I've been using the help of a mutual friend to get her to go to the BBQ until I found out she can't go, handily our mutual friend is having a B-day party soon, or hopefully

What I'm wondering is what is the next move for me to make, I'm constantly worrying about rejection and what to say... hopefully you lot can help
    - Mark 'Mr. Organised'/'Calamity' Jones

Believe me I know how it feels to have someone on your mind 24/7, every time your sat there alone or got one second to think about them, they're there in your head. It's horrible. I felt this way and really cared about this guy and he took me for a ride, completely messing with my feelings. He led me on believeing that something was going to happen between us- and guess what!?! He told me the other day he's getting married!! What a smack in the mouth that was.

All I can suggest is to let her know that you like her, but don't give all your feeling straight away. After time when you've built up a good friendship, tell her how you feel. Sometimes girls are too shy to make the first move on a guy, so you make the move. If she doesn't feel the same way, you still won't be rejected for the fact that you have a good friendship to fall back on.

Hope that helps

Why don't you just ask her out straight. Everybody is scared of rejection. Unless they seriously don't give a shit about it then I don't see why they're even askin' em out.. Maybe just to sleep with em I don't know.. But... Yeah.

well the way i see it, theres no time in the world to be scared of rejection, and if im being myself and a female was to reject me- thats her loss cause im dope as ****, look at it logically though, now u have 2 choices, u persue it, see what happens, possibly get rejected- Or you let the fear consume you and dont do anything, 10years from now, which do you think you could live with more? avoiding a rejection, and always wondering if maybe something couldve worked out..or getting rejected ?

just to go back to my first statement, there is no time to be worried about rejection in this world..just go for it, if she isnt interested- its not the end of the world, but it might suck for a while
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

thanks for the help

how should I go about telling her my feelings without appearing too direct and over desperate or something, beacuse I like the idea of building a strong friendship first, its just how to get one going properly without letting her know my full intentions or something...
    - Mark 'Mr. Organised'/'Calamity' Jones