+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odds of girl sleeping in another guy's bed and nothing happened?

Odds of girl sleeping in another guy's bed and nothing happened?

So my girlfriend and I broke up almost two months ago and recently got back together. We both love each other and things are going really well since we've gotten back together. During our "break up" we were still sleeping together and spending some nights together. She admitted to me that during our "break up" she had spent the night in a guy friends bed and that absolutely nothing happened. She told me the next day about the situation. My question is, should I believe that nothing happened? I confronted the guy about it as well, and he insisted that nothing happened, they just slept. They both seemed very genuine about telling me that nothing happened. This is a difficult situation to get out of my mind. Advice? Thanks.

I've slept in a guy's bed before with absolutely nothing happening. It's possible. Has she ever lied about anything else?
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have too. He was a very trustworthy friend who had no interest in me and I had none in him. We slept together like some girls sleep together.

BTW I don't advise this is cool, appropriate behaviour while in a relationship but... yeah sometimes nothing does happen.

Thanks guys...she promised me nothing happened and I told her that I believe her. I'm thinking that if something did happen she wouldn't have told me anything at all. Logical reasoning? It just sucks to think about...

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Doesn't matter if it was logical. Facts are facts: she was single, she decided to confess, so did he, the facts of the story line up, you said you believed her so believe her.

Fair enough...anyone else?

Well I'm with everyone else. I have never shared a bed with a guy, other than a partner before. But what I do know is, is that if a man is in a womans friendzone, then she has no desire for that man sexually....so yes, it would be possible for a woman to share a bed with a male friend and nothing at all happened.

Unlike men, women have no desire to sleep with everything within a one foot range LOL

I agree with all the ladies here. Although I have never personally been in this situation a few of my friends have. They slept in the same bed with another male/female and nothing happened. They had no reason to lie to me about it since I was totally removed from the situation and didn't know the other person. I'd just move on and not bring it up again. Most importantly though, I wouldn't dwell on it.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Or she's clever and she figures there's some way you might find out in the future so it's best to "confess" with a doctored story. Dismiss it as paranoia if you wish. Course that's exactly why it's such a great lie.
    Last edited by Gribble; 28-05-10 at 03:27 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Okay, I have to amend my answer. The guy she allegedly slept chastely next to wasn't Gribble, was it? If so, all bets are off.
    Spammer Spanker

I've thought of that as well...which is exactly why it's messing with me...I'm talking about Gribble's post...

Well if you can't accept it you need to dump her and move on. You don't have any evidence to prove what she did or didn't do. I personally don't see why a half truth would need to be told in lieu of nothing at all, unless there were other people who might have seen them go into a room together. That doesn't matter though. No matter what happened you can't prove or disprove anything, nor can you change the past. Accept it for what it is (or might have been) and move on, or dump her.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

naw man... it's possible if they are good platonic friends. when i went to church camp as a young man, I had girls sleep next to me all the time, and nothing happened.

I guess I would believe her since she came forth and admitted it unprovoked. Promising and insisting that nothing happened DOES make you wonder though. When you try so hard to prove something, it just makes you think the opposite.

Either way, bury this now and don't let it haunt you in the future. I wouldn't say you are in the clear yet because you guys broke up, spent the break up period together still and got back together. Doesn't seem like much could change in that short period of time with each other's influence. And when nothing changes, the end result of breaking up usually doesn't change either. Best of luck to both of you.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

I'm going to choose to continue to believe her, let it go and move on. I definitely feel that if something had gone on, then she would not have told me anything about it at all...because I wouldn't have known she was even there. It just seems unlikely that someone would put themselves in a position to have to hold onto a lie rather than just keep quiet and not say anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast