+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it normal to immediately regret a breakup?

Is it normal to immediately regret a breakup?

When you break up with someone over complicated issues (see other post), is it normal to immediately begin missing them and want them back? Even though I know it is for the best, I cant help but forget about all the bad stuff and immediately miss all the good stuff. Someone please reassure me. Thanks.

of course its normal mate. Stick with your decision tho, you said its the right thing to do, tho its hard, it will be worth it for both of you in the long run. stay strong -x-
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

Thanks again Schuey_girl for everything. You really don't know how much you have helped me. I will try to stay strong and let you know how everything plays out. Thanks. -Chris

Schueys right! You can survive this! Just trust yourself and remember that you'll be better in the future without that person.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

I would think it very abnormal not to miss a person right after a break up. Consider how much a part of your life you S/O was...generally you will see them more than a best friend or family. It feels like a piece of your life is missing after a breakup because that is exactly what it is.

Part of healing from a breakup is filling that empty spot with new things. While there may be many things that you will always love and miss about that person, it doesn't make all of the reasons you broke up dissappear. You thought through your decision very carefully, I believe that you made a good choice. It will be tough for a while but eventually you will have a complete life with all kinds of good things to show for it.

The person who breaks up with someone and feels good about it is someone who should have ended their relationship much, much sooner.

for me, it's normal. i've been thru' this situation and i feel so bad. how i misses the good times together and how bad i want H** back.... i always said to myself, be strong, be kewl be positive... i probably feel the lost now, but for the future who knows i'll become a better person?

take it as part of your history..... part of YOU... it will guide you to a better place.....
    |<< Baby, I'd love you to want me, The way that I want to, The way that it should be >>|