View Poll Results: Would you date someone who would not have sex with you, yet?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely! Love is worth anything!

16 61.54%
  • No way! I need sex in my relationship!

3 11.54%
  • It depends.

7 26.92%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think love is worth it...?

Do you think love is worth it...?

My reply in another forum made me think of this.

I'm in a serious relationship with a girl who doesn't believe in pre-marital sex. I work and push to see more of her, and get closer to her, even with the knowledge that I will not get any sex from her, I still go for it. It's really made me feel better about myself, like I'm really going for something special.

So, I ask you guys. Would you go for a relationship even if you knew there would be no sex? "Is the juice worth the squeeze?"

(this question is probably more applicaple to my high school-aged peers)
    Last edited by TenorTwo; 17-07-05 at 09:04 AM.

I would just go in a relationship if i would know that me and the boy would start to explore the other person very well and to get really close doesnt matter if it takes time but never without sex thought

Is she a "Rules" girl? She take one of those oaths to remain a virgin?

I used to be of the opinion that if there wasn't any pre-marital sex, chances were that there wasn't going to be much POST-marital sex either. Nothing has ever happened to shake that firm conviction.

On the other hand, I have changed. Over the years, I am finding that sex is no longer the fiendish hormonal BEAST it once was. Getting a girl in-the-sack just doesn't appeal to me like it once did. I am much more interested in finding someone to share things with. Someone I want to get to know as a person. Sex is still nice, but INTIMACY is really where its at.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you intend on marrying her?

Cause if so, then sure, it's worth it.

Sex is a natural thing, so i've never understood why people don't believe in sex before marriage. Marriage has lost whatever ties to divinity it once had, so no reason there.

Why would God have created something so wonderful then waved his finger and said "don't do it or else! And when you're ready and finally do it, feel guilty about it!"

Marriage is a joke compared to what it once was.

On the other hand, you should always respect her wishes. ALWAYS.

Love is worth it. Love transcends mind and spirit as well as body. The body is a crude machination, meaning little without the things that make it up.

"Love is always patient and kind, it is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited...."
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I would. She can hold out on me with sex all she wants to death as long as she did the same to everyone else meaning she is a virgin. If she isnt then to late for her..she puts out to me as well or she can get the fawk out.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

If you knew what you were getting into before the relationship (ie. no pre-marital sex) and you love her, you will wait. It's as simple as that.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulf
    Why would God have created something so wonderful then waved his finger and said "don't do it or else! And when you're ready and finally do it, feel guilty about it!"
    Well if you've ever heard the story of Adam and Eve...

Quote Originally Posted by Nurseman
    but INTIMACY is really where its at.
    Intimacy = sex.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Originally Posted by Ulf
    Sex is a natural thing, so i've never understood why people don't believe in sex before marriage.
    Amen. That's how I've always felt.

Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    If you knew what you were getting into before the relationship (ie. no pre-marital sex) and you love her, you will wait. It's as simple as that.
    I actually didn't know this getting into the relationship. When I learned about it, I was a little disappointed, but as time went by, I became okay with it, and now I'm glad to wait.

I didn't really intend for you guys to give me advice, I just wanted your opinions on pre-marital sex, and the dating of non-believers. =P

If you ever want to understand why you don't have sex before marriage read the bible that is where you will find it and understand cause I go to church and I was suppose to take the oath at church to not have sex before I was married but I decided to skip out on it.

Tried the Bible, then learned about the Council of Nicea and became a historian.

Shot that down.

Oh, if you don't know what the Council of Nicea was and are a healthy, church-going person, I advise NEVER looking it up. I've made the unfortunate mistake of ruining the role of the church for a few of my friends by mentioning it.

For those of you who don't care if the basis for your doctrine is suddenly called into question, try looking it up. Interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Ulf; 18-07-05 at 01:31 AM.

A great many forms of intimacy other than sex are possible between two people. So, yes. If it suits the two of you, wait.
    Speak less. Say more.

Nup... Not worth it. Sex is part of a relationship. I'm not religious, and wouldnt be with someone who belived in celebacy. Why are you?

Mick
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast