+ Follow This Topic

Thread: would u go out with someone u knew u don't love

would u go out with someone u knew u don't love

i've been going out with this guy for about a month but i don't see a future for us. is there any point? i think it's more lust because i'm attracted to him physically but he never stimulates me mentally.

i told him i loved him. then took it back. he still wants me to be his girlfriend. i feel like i should end it since i'm going to hurt him anyway but when we're together i feel so happy.

i know the right thing to do is end it now and not hurt him later. but life without him would suck too.

has anyone ever felt like this?

I know exactly how you feel. I think about this all the freakin time. Only thing for me is that I really don't know if I have true feelings for her or not.

Basically, to answer the question, "Would you go out with someone you knew you don't love?" it's a resounding no. If you KNOW you don't love him or even have deeper feelings for, then it's not worth your time.

You say that life would suck without him. But think about how life would be with him, for a long time. What would life be with him if you got married to him? Would it be better to endure the pain involved with breaking up with him, or settle with him? Pain is part of the experience. But I also believe pain makes the good better when it comes.

The only thing is, are you absolutely sure that its nothing beyond physical attraction? I mean, people's feelings seem to change so quickly. I would suppose for you though, if he never stimulates you mentally... that doesn't seem very exciting.

Hope this helped. Good luck. Please keep us informed
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

I take it hes said he loves you? I would guess that this may not be the case as hes only been with you one month which imo is early to say.
    Are you sure he does nothing to you mentally??
    My guess is, that you do like him, but we all seem to want after what we cant have, when you think you love someone and they dont love you you seem to love them even more. And when someone is so in love with you and yuor not sure or its early in the relationship you get put off.
    Had he not been so keen then maybe you would develop deeper feelings for him.
    Thing is if you tell him that you think he doesnt love you, maybe is just infatuated with you, then he wont believe you, but will over time. I may be wrong of course.
    Think what it will be like if he didnt like you - would that hurt you??
    Whatever you do, just try and consider his feelings and stay in touch with him, dont start ignoring him, and dont be mean to him to try and make him not like you cos that will most likely make him think he is even more in love with you.
    If you feel like you have to ignore him or be mean to him as you just dont awnna see him then its definitely time to end it.

Now, why would you want to be with someone you didn't love? Just end it before you can hurt someone else.

No.

I had a boyfriend like that.I wasn't even attracted to him physically really, I told him I loved him because I was a stupid 15 year old, anyway in the end I just thought I had to be cruel to be kind
    aah, bisto

Quote Originally Posted by zas
    I had a boyfriend like that.I wasn't even attracted to him physically really, I told him I loved him because I was a stupid 15 year old, anyway in the end I just thought I had to be cruel to be kind
    Not even physically attracted? Why the hell would you even go out with him?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I think I was flattered that he liked me and/or stoned
    aah, bisto

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    end it before it gets any farther. i would.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Yeah, I agree. It's not fair to either of you. Honestly, the longer you wait..the worse reality is going to become.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

yeh i already know the answer to my question. i know i should end it. it's just really hard. i don't know what to say or do. he's a really sweet guy and i would feel so bad hurting him.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingSweeter
    i've been going out with this guy for about a month but i don't see a future for us. is there any point? i think it's more lust because i'm attracted to him physically but he never stimulates me mentally.

i told him i loved him. then took it back. he still wants me to be his girlfriend. i feel like i should end it since i'm going to hurt him anyway but when we're together i feel so happy.

i know the right thing to do is end it now and not hurt him later. but life without him would suck too.

has anyone ever felt like this?
    I dont get it. Your happy when you are with him?...whats the problem? what do you mean he doesnt mentally stimulate you?. Well...either way you are going to hurt him so just do it later. See what happens. I think you complain to much. You either love a person are you do not...no matter what they say or "DONT" say. I for one am a really quiet and calm guy in person...I would really hate for a girl to tell me that I am not "mentally" stimulating (what ever the hell that means). Maybe I should make a quiz or something on paper and give it to her if a girl ever tells me that...that would keep her mentally stimulated.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 29-04-05 at 03:06 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

No, I was in the same situation. I just ended it. Then we became friends, and where we'd see eachother everyday after that he became an ******* wondering why I don't just go back out with him - but I didn't love him - even though I said I did - which confused him and made him all messed up. You better tell him sooner than later!!

it's just that i've spent so much time with him that breaking up will be hard because i'm used to having him around. i know i dont love him.

he's not mentally stimulating in that he is boring! but i can tell him everything and i've told him that. he just took it.

A month is hardly enough time to be "in love".

By the way you typed it, I sence the only thing missing is chemistry. Something is keeping ya with him, what is that something? Don't date him out of obligation.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I