+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused? Frustrated?

Confused? Frustrated?

If you get a girl's phone number the previous weekend and you call them the following week let's say on a Tuesday and you get their voicemail, how much time should wait before picking up the phone again? The ball at that point is in the girl's court to call you back. Let's say Thursday is upon us and she still hasn't called back. Should one move on or attempt yet another phone call. I have been fighting this all week and a part of me wants to call her but I feel I would lose all dignity if I call her back. Let's say I just met her a couple of weeks ago and we really hit it off. We talked about hanging out this summer and going to concerts. I haven't pressed her or asked her on a date...just hung out together. What should I do girls? Is this a girl's way of saving face? I feel like the time has past for her to call me. Should I move on? How do I analyze this? How can you go from such an emotional high to emotional low all within a week? I'm so past playing games. Does this qualify as such?

I always feel cautious about calling girls, but that's because I've had really depressing experiences with calling girls

But I usually wait 1 extra day before calling again. Like I'll call tuesday and if they don't pick up, then I'll call thursday.

I honestly think it's up to you. Do what you feel is right and don't follow rules. THERE ARE NONE. SCREW RULES. I'd say call her again tomorrow.

I read some where that giving away a cell phone numbers now days are like giving away e-mails. You can respond if you want or not. Yeah its depressing but, oh wells just treat it as you tried. Not your fault the person doesn't want to meet you half way. Peace Out!

Maybe she simply didn't get your message. Try her again, and then give up.

Try texting as then she has to see the message and has no excuse for not replying.

Let another voicemail!

I took Aegis's advise and left yet another voicemail on Friday (yesterday) and one last Tuesday 2-3 days apart. No response yet. I couldn't remember if she said she was out of town this weekend or not. What I do know is that she could of least responded by now. Another note...she was married once before. Also, she is moving at the end of July to finish school. I'm assuming she's not taking me serious enough as a possible relationship but I believe we could become great friends. She mentioned having a going away party. I can only hope that she can trust me and that I would be there for her as a friend. I felt I have established this with her. This is killing me! All she has to do is pick up the phone and acknowledge me and I would feel so much better. Why all the effort and energy from this girl if it comes down to this? This was a complete waste of my time.

my general rule: if i get a number and i call and no answer fine, i leave a message and thats that. if however a day or 2 goes by and nothing, i call again, if no answer i leave anoher message and later on in the day i call from a private number. This is just so at that point I know if she just hasnt been around or shes been busy - or - shes screwing around and wasting my time!

If your feeling low because the girl of your dreams isnt working out, think of it this way: your qualifying HER, not the other way around. I mean its a person that your looking for, not her. Its a completely different way of thinking about it. Look at yourself as a product that she needs but is readily available, why should she choose you? Answer that question and 'advertise' those traits, im not saying go up to her and rub in her face that your better then every other guy, remember actions speak louder then words, show her that your better then everyone else, just dont over do it, gradually increase how much feelings you show her, this is so that you can build up a relationship and also for her sake you dont want to scare her and make her feel overpressured that "oh no.. this guy wants a relationship already".

Take it slow and dont stress, if she was really the girl you were meant to be with then itll happen, if not her then the next, some women just have so much power over men (im guilty of that)

Hope some of this made sense and was helpful.