+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closer

Closer

[URL=http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/closer/site/]Sony Pictures - Closer[/URL]
    A witty, romantic, and very dangerous love story about chance meetings, instant attractions, and casual betrayals. CLOSER is director Mike Nichols' critically acclaimed look at four strangers - Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Natalie Portman and Clive Owen - with one thing in common: each other. Adapted by Patrick Marber from his award-winning stage play, CLOSER "VIBRATES WITH EROTICISM, BRUISING LAUGHS, AND DYNAMIC PERFORMANCES. CLOSER IS A TRIUMPH!" - Peter Travers, ROLLING STONE
    __________________________________________________ _____
    I just thought I would share a little info about the movie before posting my opinion of it. It just came out on DVD today so unless any of you saw it in theaters, I am the first from here to have seen it.

I thought it was excellent. I don't even know what to say really. It was incredibly sad in a way but touching. It gives you an idea of what people will do just to fall in love and stay in love with someone. It was desperate and lonely. These four people all were intertwined in these combating relationships.

The acting was great for the most part. Some scenes could have been a little stronger but the last 5 minutes of the movie really showed exactly what happened. Everything was exposed for what it really was.

It was a good movie so if you are looking for something like this, def. rent it. It's not for everyone though. That I guarentee. Hope this mini review was helpful.

Damien Rice

Just as a side note. There is a really great song in this movie by Damien Rice called "The Blowers Daughter" and I think it's great. It's a light song packed with emotion. If you want to listen to it, you can go [URL=http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/damienrice/]here[/URL] and listen to that song as well as all the others off of his CD "O." He is a great artist as far as I can see. Haven't had the chance to listen to all of his stuff yet, but I plan to. He seems awesome. Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did.

Haven't seen it but I plan to watch it now that I've read this thread. Thanks for the insight

Cdoc
    "Without music, life would be a mistake" -Neitzsche

hey good movie
    It was real good.. Esp Natalie Portman...Any comments who you ppl liked the most??

PS: It sucks a lil bit if you are not so much in good shape romantically

Oooh, it must be good if it's got Damien, he's awesome.

But look at the eyes on that poster! Every pair looks digitally altered. Does that have something to do with the movie?

And seriously, could they stand any closer? I mean, come on!

BlackRose----I have seen Closer. It's very raw. An excellent manual if you're into playing twisted games with your partner's emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by confusedsoul
    hey good movie
    It was real good.. Esp Natalie Portman...Any comments who you ppl liked the most??

PS: It sucks a lil bit if you are not so much in good shape romantically
    Yeah. If you start watching this movie when you are really upset over something, don't expect to enjoy it too much. You have to learn how to separate yourself though. I try not to sit there and get too emotionally attached based on my own life. I try to just place myself in the movie as a fresh entity and let it influence me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut
    Oooh, it must be good if it's got Damien, he's awesome.

But look at the eyes on that poster! Every pair looks digitally altered. Does that have something to do with the movie?

And seriously, could they stand any closer? I mean, come on!
    I think the eyes were altered purposely. They made it very obvious that they altered the look of the eyes. I guess you could say eyes were very important. You always had to LOOK that much CLOSER at everything that was going on to see what was really happening. So that would be why they are standing close like that too. Their positions on the poster are significant too.
    Last edited by BlackRose; 31-03-05 at 03:15 AM.

Iīve seen it a few weeks ago
    itīs fine, but not amazing for me
    but I like the actors ummm
    Y morirme contigo si te matas, y matarme contigo si te mueres,
    porque el amor cuando no muere mata, porque amores que matan nunca mueren

Drama movies *yawn*
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

it was a bit unclear but then i didnt get to the end of the film

indigosoul Guest
    Hey Rose, I also thought this movie was great. Not all dramas suck, OV, most are a reflection of life, which is why people ID w/em.

I really like clive owen; thought his character was the best actually. I also loved him in Beyond Borders...

Glad you liked it indigo. I thought it was great. Everyone did a really good job portraying their part. Of course, I thought Natalie was the best though. I love her.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRose
    Glad you liked it indigo. I thought it was great. Everyone did a really good job portraying their part. Of course, I thought Natalie was the best though. I love her.
    I love her to.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

The screenplay wasn't great. The acting was okay.

hi. i just saw this movie. i'm pretty late about movies. and all i gotta say is...

yum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast