+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend/Friend Break Up issues

Girlfriend/Friend Break Up issues

Okay, here's the story. I went out with my girlfriend for a year and 8 months and it was incredible, I've never seen 2 people more in love and great for each other. We had a couple minor issues in that time but it never lasted more than a couple days. Anyway, it is her Junior year of college and my senior year now, she broke up with me a little over a month and a half ago because she wanted 'the college experience' and she said that she felt kind of restricted in a relationship. She said she just doesn't want to be in a relationship right now. It hit me really hard, she started it off by saying she needed some time to figure out what she wanted, and then she broke it off. She wants to be 'best friends' and has been having a really hard time in the last month or so and she has been crying a lot, and she says she's happy but I can tell she is not. Anyway, we have been 'friends' on and off, I've been helping her with some things because I can't bear to see her unhappy. She still cries when she hears our songs, etc. I really want to help her but in the longer run I dont think that I can be just friends. I know we should be together..I am just not sure why she isn't getting back with me, when we hang out I can tell how she feels...any advice? Do I need to do something? Thanks a lot! Oh and there are no other guys and she isn't looking for another guy.
    Last edited by horacey; 28-10-08 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typo

Give her time. I have a feeling she might just be going through something right now.
    Give her some space, and I bet everything'll be ok

though if she is in her junior year and wants the "college experience", I would venture a guess as to say something is up. That's something you do in the beginning of your college years, not towards the end. Just give her the space she needs cause it sounds like something is up and she doesn't have the strength to tell you yet