+ Follow This Topic

Thread: change her mind, from friends to lover

change her mind, from friends to lover

i met a girl a while ago, we first met online and emailed very often, chatted on msn etc, we met up to share time together several times, but we never really knew each other on a more intimate level.

however i began to have feelings for her, we spent christmas together on what i thought was going to be a first step towards romance. but she told me early on that she regarded me as a close friend and not more.

but i felt before this holiday, she still did not know me very well, in fact she got to know me on this holiday allot more intimately.

I was wondering if it's at all possible for a girl to change her feelings towards a man as she gets to know him more? or is it true that once a girl says she wants to only be friends, she will stick to the same feelings indefinitely?

thank you

Hard to tell, but most likely you shouldn't get your hopes up.

Maybe you should ask her what it is that makes her view you that way? Her answer might help you figure out whether or not she may eventually change her mind.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course anything is possible, but it is extremely unlikely that she will change her mind, particularly if she has mustered up the courage to tell you she isn't interested. I'd move on if I were you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

she told me "who knows what can happen in the future" but it may of been a way to soften the blow.

but it wasn't her that told me first, i found out early that there was a different guy she likes at uni, so i had to let the cat out of the bag, cus it was hurting too much. then she said, "i always had wanted you as a friend"

i do plan to move on, but this is pretty bad, cus i have developed feeling for over 6 months, and really was excited about the holiday, and it seemed like such a romantic thing to do together, so confusing....and i feel like i am not good enough, or perhaps i am not successful enough for her to like me