+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Past Present and Future

Past Present and Future

Was wondering if you dated people usually with the same characteristics for

Example: goodies goodies, the bad boy, the drug dealer the musician the abuser and so on. Do you always end up looking for the same qualities maybe even subconsciously?

Does your past relationship usually influence your new one?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Not at all. I've had three real relationships.

1. High school dropout with a drug problem. *sigh* Strong minded but lazy as F. She's 25 now and hasn't had a real job since she was 16. Colorado Native
    2. Architecture college student; didnt make friends easily; not very talented; would never stand up for herself. Colorado Native
    3. New Jersey transplant. Don't take shit from nobody; control freek just like me.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Underemployed, substance-abusing mama's boy with poor hygiene and atrocious taste in music whos entire wardrobe consists of concert t-shirts that qualified as vintage ten years ago.

This is why I don't date.

All of my ex's have been rich mummy's boys, annoying! And over-sensitive Moron's, I was probably the man in most of my relasionships! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

My history starts with my dad les see been to jail most of his life drug dealer abuser, temperamental

I have dated men with these qualities maybe all at the same time or they have one of these qualities.

What about the way you meet these people? Where? When? Is any of that similar?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

My first b/f- Computer game geek, liked rock music quiet and shy.

Second- Funny as hell, got moody alot was quite borring. Into rock.

Third- Pothead, possible pyscho tendancies, obsessive and a control freak urgh. Quite funny, Amazing in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    My history starts with my dad les see been to jail most of his life drug dealer abuser, temperamental

I have dated men with these qualities maybe all at the same time or they have one of these qualities.

What about the way you meet these people? Where? When? Is any of that similar?
    Blue, I think we get jagged where we've been hurt. Other people get snagged on our sharp edges. It's pretty hard to change it, but with consious effort, I think it's possible.

No ! I had all different bf! So different!
    Last edited by daisy; 04-04-06 at 06:05 PM.

*update*
    So my father got out of prison on saturday, we met up yesterday and 10 years ago i had no idea, now i do. My father is an alcholic & serious drug abuser. He loves me but only in a way a father so screwed up can love me which is nothing that i care to have in my life or in the life of my son. It is what it is. He is a big jit. At least he was honest and did not try to cover up like he did for all those years. I must admit that i am a bit dissapointed. People dont change.