+ Follow This Topic

Thread: birthday present

birthday present

Me and this girl had been dating for around 2 months when my birthday came around. She said that she had gotten me a birthday present, but she came over my house on that day with nothing. alright heres some backround: were both 16 and we both work, but not together. during our 2 months i spent around 100$ on her between dates and gifts to surprise her. 100$ may not sound like much, but when you work a summer job for minimum wage, its alot just to spend on a girl. We hung out almost every day and got pretty close. About 2 weeks after this happened i broke up with her. It was only partially this incident, we had some other problems too, but this incident made me think about how things were with her. OK, so she came over on my birthday without anything, never mentioned anything and never talked about it again despite the big hype she had made. Im dont care about the gift at all, like i said i have a job and for the mostpart i can buy anyting i want. It was that she didnt care enough to take the time and try to find me something i might like. this is what i want to know:
    Am i wrong for being upset with her over this?

I'd certainly be disappointed. The money itself isn't the factor, she could have arrived with something. Certainly rings warning bells and if it was the only thing that happened I'd let it slide but if there are other things too, well...

She may just be a self-absorbed teenaged girl, too. I'm probably too old to give you good advice on this one.

God, I thought you were going to say she came over with nothing ON.

What a weird thing for her to do. I don't like it.
    Spammer Spanker

To be honest she really isnt self-absorbed, so i was really surprised.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd be a little upset. Me being a ballsy person though: at the time when she arrived with nothing or a day or 2 later if I still didn't get anything I'd say "so, what's this big surprise that I have coming my way?". But your chance to say that has long passed.

That's a bit weird she'd say she's got something but never did. Like that's really weird. If she didn't get you anything, fine but why would she SAY she did? Your guess is as good as ours.

I think you should do the same to her. Tell her you got her a surprise and never say another thing about it.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    except I think he dumped her...

yea i did dump her actually but i really like that idea

I know what I would have done, what my present would have been, but I'm not gonna tell a 16 year old to do that...

i clearly said i didnt dump her because of it, i just think im justified to be upset about it. and even though it was 2 months we hung out nearly every day and we really did get to know each other. how hard would it be to find 1 thing i was interested in after dating for 2 months. I feel bad for you seeing it was 8 months, but even though she didnt get you something meaningful at least she spent a little money on you. in 2 months she never paid for a date, never offered money, never thanked me for paying or anything, and even on my birthday she showed up with nothing

yea i feel the same way