+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance Relationship,Frustrated, Please Advise

Long Distance Relationship,Frustrated, Please Advise

Met girl on an school exchange, was with her for a few months, went to go visit her home country for a couple weeks. Now back at home and were doing long distance.

Over the course of past few months she has always complained that I flirt too much(have never& would never cheated on her) and hates my past, been with half a dozen girls(thats apparently too many) and its to the point where she gets mad at me and will shorten phone conversation and stay very quiet until I, as always, ask her whats wrong repeatedly and she eventually tells me and I apologize.

Its gotten to the point where I feel shes has all the control in relationship cause shes the one bringing up shit and making me apologize for stuff I shouldnt be apologizing for and indirectly threatening to break up with me.

At the same time she continues to stay in touch wit her ex-boyfriend who is also living in a different country. Ive asked her if she has feelings for him and she responded by saying shes shocked I would ask that, then ive brought it up again and she has never answered the question directly.

Really really like the girls personality and everything about her but got school starting in couple weeks and cant afford to have my mind dealing with other shit while trying to study. Really just want to have normal chats on phone with no shit but she keeps bring up shit on her side and I get worried, ie. it screws up my day.

Im always the one calling her and sending her ridiculous numbers of texts per day, ie goodmorning, goodnight and during day...she will every once in a while send me a goodmorning one, but its pretty much expect by her I do it. Feel as though I cant, not call her, cause if i dont, she wont call me until eventually she'll just call me to tell me ive lost interest so its over.

My only hope is that obviously with time shell get over the insecurity of my past and shell stop communicating with her ex but all just a hope

So frustrated. Just feels like its not a 50/50 relationship, she has all the power, she the one constantly indirectly threatening to break up with me. Feel that ive invested so much more emotions, time and $$$ to be with her than she has. Dont know if I should just ignore her till she responds back herself and when she does, just tell her flat out I really want to be with her but shes gotta accept me cause I cant deal with drama but at same time feel like if I try that ill just end up losing her. ****ed up situation.

Thanks for any replies
    Last edited by surf911; 18-08-08 at 10:39 AM.

....and what do you like about her? Do you choose personality over character? It may surprise you that some people unconsciously like or is motivated by her acts....otherwise you would have left a long time ago. It's a young relationship but you are tolerating what sounds like an incompatible relationship.