+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sleeping togheter problems

Sleeping togheter problems

So i've been going out with my gf for about a year now. and everytime we had a sleepover this has been an issue but apprently i snore and i grind my teeth and makes noises so it keeps her awake. it doesnt help either that she has an extremely light sleep.
    it took me about a year to stop being a denied asshole because i dont exactly like using artificial tools to cure this but i started using breathe right strips to stop snoring with apprently are working. BUT i still make so much noise griding my teeth that she cant sleep. now the issue is hard to pin down because she tells me independently that she is a person who has trouble falling asleep etc, sometimes has insomnia and so forth. but then myself and my noise arent helping. so what should i do. she says she still enjoys to sleepover with me but i mean come on to a certain degree, not being able to sleep because someone is keeping you awake is annoying no matter how much you love the other person your sleeping with. so how can i solve this. or should i carefully talk to her that her light sleep, insomnia problems obviously combined with my noises keep her awake. because if she has that much trouble sleeping in general then its nost just me whos in fault of keeping her awake, i just dont exactly help it. so yeah. any suggestions because it is quite touchy and i dont know what to do, just wish she could enjoy sleeping once with me as she hasnt ever once since we started going out togheter. thanks

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i have the same problem i can't sleep when a guy snores. frustrates the hell out of me. NeilMed nasal rinse helps a lot.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

but i dont snore anymore, well i do but i use nasal strips so i dont snore when i use them, but then i still grind teeth and make noises. what am i supposed to do about that. i meani dont want to start having all thsi gear just to go to bed its ridiculous. im starting to pay now to actually sleep which isnt normal.

I don't know. I mean I understand her pain, my man snores, steals the covers and even kicks in his sleep. I have just kind of gotten used to it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They have mouth guards for people who grind teeth at night. You get them from the dentist. Grinding teeth is actually very bad for them - it wears away the enamel. You should really take care of this problem for health reasons.

yeah i know theres mouth guards but is that permanent or griding stops at some point, cause seriously **** i just want to sleep i dont want to have all this super gear just for sleeping...its not cool. i have to pay to sleep. not normal.

You could always try sleeping with the radio on or something.

Better yet, just donkey punch her. She will sleep like a baby.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by basshunter36 View Post
    yeah i know theres mouth guards but is that permanent or griding stops at some point, cause seriously **** i just want to sleep i dont want to have all this super gear just for sleeping...its not cool. i have to pay to sleep. not normal.
    Don't you know what a tooth guard is? You pay for it once, and it is yours. There is no continuing expense. On the other hand, if you continue wearing away your enamel, you WILL have some big dental bills to contend with, not to mention the damaged teeth.

Grinding teeth (to my knowledge) is a symptom of stress, or some other emotional anxiety. Your dentist should know.

i'll look into it, but i highly doubt i've been having emotional anxiety or stress for an entire year.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    You could always try sleeping with the radio on or something.

Better yet, just donkey punch her. She will sleep like a baby.
    meh i'm not so sure she'll appreciate the donkey punch.

try sleeping on your side or any other different positions every night. my husband of 10 years snores like even the neighbor's can hear it (i'm not kidding!)... and i'm a very light sleeper. it was a huge problem in our marriage for a while. until he started trying different sleeping positions every night. and he found out that if he sleeps on his side (left or right... not sure), he doesn't snore. he tried all kinds of stuff (breath right strips, etc) to stop it and nothing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    try sleeping on your side or any other different positions every night. my husband of 10 years snores like even the neighbor's can hear it (i'm not kidding!)... and i'm a very light sleeper. it was a huge problem in our marriage for a while. until he started trying different sleeping positions every night. and he found out that if he sleeps on his side (left or right... not sure), he doesn't snore. he tried all kinds of stuff (breath right strips, etc) to stop it and nothing work.
    hm i.lll look into that, trying different positions and stuff. hopefuly we can figure something out.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

Grinding teeth (to my knowledge) is a symptom of stress, or some other emotional anxiety. Your dentist should know.
    Yep. I was a grinder in school. My dentist told me the same thing you said, Vash. I had to get a couple of enamel caps b/c I wore through & was sensitive to cold. Get that mouth guard.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh